Need a gurl ride group - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-06-2007, 11:29 AM Thread Starter

Talking Need a gurl ride group

Gurlz,
Not to sound lonely or anything and I love riding with my husband, but I need some gurl riders to ride with. Hit me up!

ACM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 07:42 AM

Where's Williamston?

Hey hey! I'm in Asheville, NC and looking for girls to ride with too. Do you ever make it up to Deal's Gap area? There are a couple of women's sportbike rallies this summer in that area, but it will be a while. Let me know if you head up this way!
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 03:17 PM

We need more girls out there for sure!!! I'm close to Jacksonville NC. Good luck ladies.....i have talked a few into riding with me but the seem to move away faster than i can make more.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 12:34 PM Thread Starter

Williamson is in GA. Yeah I haven't been to Deals yet, my husband and his best friend went last year and you may have heard a Bandit 1200 hit a Harley Davidson Goldwing and my husbands friend got hurt really badly. Around the end of May last year...If we get up that way this year, I'll hit you up need your email address....

ACM
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 01:06 PM

Send a message via AIM to ZX6R1033
Okay, I have seen a ton of these posts, and curiosity has finally gotten the best of me.

Guys have absolutely no issue at all with female riders. Most of us anyway. Riders are riders are riders... female or male. As long as we have someone to ride with, its all good.

So what is the big deal with girls having to find other girls to ride with? There are so many riders out there, what is the push to have these all female groups?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 03:44 AM

Talking

Well, you asked, so I'll be honest. Really, at least for me and the girls I know, it's because we can be pretty sure we won't get hit on and will just be enjoyed for who we are, rather than totally sexualized, gawked at, and generally treated like some rare, fascinating specimen from another planet. There are guys I like to ride with (my awesome boyfriend included), and they are the ones that, when they first ran into me on a bike, raised their eyebrows a little, shook it off, and said, "hm, you wanna ride?" I think another factor is that many women didn't grow up riding dirt bikes, etc, or being encouraged to do much in the way of athletic or mechanical endeavors. So, some of us feel a few steps behind when we're getting started, and don't have as much testosterone to get us over the insecurity hump (you know those young guys who just got their first bike? - we don't ususally act like them). Being around other women who don't have such an ego/something to prove thing going on is a lot more reassuring than trying to ride with the typical 23 year old horndog who will be the first to take you up on your offer if you don't specify that you want to ride with women. Hope this helps!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 06:25 AM

Send a message via AIM to saturntangerine Send a message via Yahoo to saturntangerine
Besides... we can't even go to the bathroom without another girl around - why should we lower our standards for riding?

Okay, put down the flamethrower, I was being a smartalec. Seriously, though, Twisty hit the nail on the head. I was lucky learning to ride in that I was surrounded by a ton of really great males that helped me and answered my questions honestly. Yes, I did get hit on and harassed at times, but already being a gearhead in the auto world helped me put them back in their place when needed.

Sometimes, it's nice to just relax with the gals and not feel inferior even if it's all just in our heads. I'll never forget how small I felt on a huge weekend ride where not only was I the only female actually riding, but I was on the only sub-liter bike in the pack of 12+ riders. The guys were great and ALWAYS waited for me, but I felt like the little engine that couldn't.

And PS - I'm in the process of moving to Nashville, so I'm sure I'll be looking for people to ride. I've got a female friend there that is learning to ride her Nightrod and needs a lil estrogen-support.

Last edited by saturntangerine; 06-01-2008 at 06:27 AM. Reason: Forgot some stuff
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 07:33 AM

Send a message via AIM to ZX6R1033
Pick new people to ride with. Doesn't mean they have to be other girls... just means they need to be better than the guys you are obviously used to riding with.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-06-2008, 12:14 PM

If any of you come to deals gap, give me a holler! I live about an hour from the dragon. I rode up there Friday. We did the dragon then Cherohala skyway. Cherohala skyway is actually more fun than the dragon IMO. My butt was hurting by the end of the day!
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-31-2008, 04:33 PM

Yes ma'am - we had a big time! What's up miss Janie? It's Andrea from Asheville. Deal's Gap is probably midway between us - I'll let you know when I'm heading back up. I'll definitely be there 8/22ish for the other womens rally, but might make it back before then if I'm lucky! ciao!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode