Riders in Nashville - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-22-2004, 07:42 AM Thread Starter

Riders in Nashville

I tried a few forum searches, but I wasn't able to find anything about clubs or riding groups in Nashville. I know there is a group that meets at the Percy Priest lake on sundays, but that's all I know. That and people say that Tennessee has some great riding roads.

Let me know if you are out there and willing to let a seriously huge newbie (I haven't even taken MSF yet (I take it this weekend) and it may be another month or two before I get a bike) tag along and learn from someone more experienced. Or just tell me where you meet and why I'm not allowed to come because I'm not cool enough yet. Either way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-23-2004, 07:03 PM

Send a message via AIM to HokieDNA01
So have you found any riders around here to ride with? I'm still lookin. I put 550 miles on my bike in 5 days. not too bad eh? Nanchez is such a breeze to ride and you meet lots of people there. I went out for the first time the other day by myself and met a bunch of guys on harleys that asked me to ride with them. I dont care what anyone says, most harley riders are great people. Anyways if you get your bike (or maybe you already did) and need someone to ride with that is new to riding too, let me know. I"m always up for a ride.

Kathy
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-27-2004, 05:52 PM

Send a message via AIM to Franklin_cbr600
I'm always around and ready to ride. I usually end up around backroads near bellevue or nachez. Once a month there is a pretty big bike night in m'boro that I ride up to as well.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-27-2004, 06:40 PM

Well if you guys are every lookin for someone to get lost with ya around Nashville just give me a shout. I"m out in Bellevue and always lookin for an excuse to get out on the back roads. just shoot me an email: [email protected] How do you find out when the Boro bike night is going on? word of mouth?
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-30-2004, 06:52 PM

I normally hear about it from the honda dealership here in franklin. I'll post on here when I find out when the next one is. I'll also shoot you an email when I plan on getting lost (I do that oh so well ) This rainy weather is starting to annoy me though!

-Adam
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-05-2004, 03:04 AM

Heading tp Franklin this morning. Should be on 28 around 11:00AM. I will be riding my Blue/white 03 GSXR1000. Hopefully the rain holds off

Steve Sallberg
Anderson, SC
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-05-2004, 07:34 AM

I think the rain will hold out today, radar doesn't look bad. If you are not just passing through franklin give another shout.

I never really see any gsxr's out here (mostly harleys and hondas) so If you around I'm sure I'll see ya.

Be safe.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-09-2004, 10:45 AM

Send a message via AIM to Crashnburn
In Murfreesboro

Hey I'm looking for some people to ride with, where is the bike night in boro that you were talking about? Coconut bay? Also, how do I get to Natchez trace that everyone says is a good ride. Anyone that wants to ride I'm down.

"When the time comes. In the face of death I won't slow down. I will only grin and twist harder."
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-09-2004, 11:49 AM

Hey CrashnBurn

I'm always up for riding on the Trace. I enter at the northern end near Nashville so i'm not sure where you would want to get on from MBoro. It is a great ride though. Especially the twisties up at the north end. The speed limit is pretty slow though (40-50mph) and they are very strict about it. I rode about 300 miles of it this past weekend just out by myself. Anytime you are lookin for a riding buddy, let me know [email protected]

Here is a map of the Natchez Trace so you can figure out how to get there.

http://data2.itc.nps.gov/parks/natr/...85%2D444%2Egif
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-11-2004, 03:54 PM

Natchez Trace really is a great road to ride. I go there almost every weekend. You'll see a lot of Harley riders, some sport bikers, and occasional red neck riders with no sleeves, shorts, and flip-flops

If you see a "Doohan" helmet on a cbr600rr, say hey.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode