Need Some Help From W.v. To N.c. - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-04-2003, 11:14 AM Thread Starter

Question Need Some Help From W.v. To N.c.

Hello everyone In N.C. I am planning a trip this summer and could use some help. Heading south on Rt. 16 in Virginia and then heading West on rt. 58 through Mt. Rogers . I need to go to Mt. Mitchell on the Blueridge Pkway. What route has the most tristies from Mt Rogers to Mt. Mitchell I was planning on taking 91 South off 58 but am open to suggestions

Thanks
Harry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-13-2003, 06:52 PM

Send a message via AIM to BBoommeerr Send a message via Yahoo to BBoommeerr
Sorry for the delay boss...Have been on the road due to business, and of course the drama that has been going on around these parts has eaten up most of my time.

Sounds like you are heading in the general correct direction, in regards to your mappage.

If you take 91, off of 58, you will come to my favorite spot on God's green earth. 'Tis a place called Shady Valley, also known as the Playground to us local heathens.

Once in Shady Valley, turn left onto 421, and follow it until you reach 194. Turn right onto 194, and follow it until you reach Banner Elk. From here, I forget the short little stretch of road, but you will want to take it, to hit 221.

Once on 221, you can either play around Linville, or catch 181, for a "racetrack feel" of some great sweepers. The blue ridge is all around you near these parts, so knock yourself out.

If you happen to be planning this trip near march 1st, then be on the look out for my crew, as we are in the planning stages of a huge group ride.

Catch you on the twisties!

▀oomer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Charlotte Dragoneez Sportbike Club

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-14-2003, 02:41 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Boomer

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-29-2003, 11:05 AM

Not to cut Boomers route, but if you take 421 into Boone, take 321 south past the double decker wendys, follow that until you get to blowing rock, take buisness 321, then onto 221 that would put you in linville then take 194 to roan mountain , then south on 261 then catch 80 south, and that will put at the BRP , jump on it and make the run up to mount mitchell. Thats about as twisty a route you can get with catching some fun roads on the way, youll just miss part a decent part of 194 that they are supposed to be repaving.

damn I forgot about 181...well you have all the road numbers now...you know enough to plot your course with what time you have to spend up there.

WARNING: married, bald and 2 kids rider may lash out at any time!

Last edited by TLstreak; 01-29-2003 at 11:18 AM.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-29-2003, 12:08 PM Thread Starter

Thanks TL , how long from Mt. Mitchell to Asheville via BRP.

Also how would you rate the Smokey mountains at the foot of the BRP.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-29-2003, 12:13 PM

To tell the truth I have never been on the BRP other than to go to mt mitchell.

Id say 45 minutes to asheville is a fair guess. I dont know how twisty the road is, and that makes a big diffrence, and on my map it looks like I need to go ride it

WARNING: married, bald and 2 kids rider may lash out at any time!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode