Ed Bargy Racing School - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-08-2002, 02:45 PM Thread Starter

Ed Bargy Racing School

Ed Bargy anyone??? Iím enrolled in the 2-day camp at Talladaga for November 2 & 3. Have any of you guys been to this school? If so, does anyone have any suggestions on what I should take with me or where to stay, etc.? Also, will I need a brand new set of tires for the track or will a pair of 207RRís with about 1500 miles on em suffice? Any info would be appreciated guys! Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-08-2002, 04:23 PM

Sentinel,

You ought to copy your text and paste this to a new thread in the club racing area. It will be pretty hard to find in here.

Anyway, I took the Bargy school in March in Savannah. It was great. They have their stuff together. I can't help you on the Talledega area, but there's others in the other thread area that know it. The school is also quite helpful over the phone if you call them.

Good luck.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-08-2002, 08:36 PM

1) Get there early....2) Gas up during lunch.....3) Keep your ego in check....4)Drink lots of water.....5) Pay attention..even though you'll feel like a little kid is trying to explode from chest...6) Most of all have FUN!!!!!...it's the best $$$$ you 'll ever spent on yourself......Tallalaga is great for cornering "because I can't go"

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-08-2002, 10:46 PM

is that a riding school like cali superbke or a race school like code race, etc.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-10-2002, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ScottyCoyote
is that a riding school like cali superbke or a race school like code race, etc.
It is pretty much a race school. You have to use your own bike and equipment.

At Talladega Ed will run one day clockwise and the other day counterclockwise. That track is totally different when reversed so you will get plenty of time to learn various situations such as off camber, decreasing radius, etc.

The two day school is alot of track time. It will typically be a morning meeting then a track walkdown(on the bike though) teaching you how to look at the surface conditions and design then it will be three slow pace sighting laps then it's into the classroom. You will spend about 45 minutes in the classroom then about 20-30 minutes on the track(and short break). The Nov class will probably be pretty large so he may split into two track groups. In the class he will explain variou concepts then you will go on the track with instructors and learn to apply the concepts. At the end of the second day(actually around 2-3pm) you will run a 4 lap mock race to orient you to the race procedures(flags, minute, boards, etc.)

If you don't crash and look fairly comfortable you will pass with a full competition certification that qualifies you for most club racing organizations. If you crash but still are fairly comfortable you will pass but not with comp. certs. It allows you to do his open practices and he can evaluate you at a later time and upgrade your certs.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-10-2002, 02:43 PM

sounds great.....once i let my cbr go im getting a trackbike......then ill have to check it out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode