Brushy Mountain - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-07-2002, 11:51 AM Thread Starter

Brushy Mountain

Where is Brushy Mountain? How do you get there from Concord/Huntersville/Mooresville?? I saw signs for it off of the 421 and saw a Brushy Mountain Motorcycle dealership, but haven't found it on a map.

Come on guys, spill the beans. Where is it and what's it like to ride?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-07-2002, 12:05 PM

Re: Brushy Mountain

Quote:
Originally posted by MrZX9R
Where is Brushy Mountain? How do you get there from Concord/Huntersville/Mooresville?? I saw signs for it off of the 421 and saw a Brushy Mountain Motorcycle dealership, but haven't found it on a map.

Come on guys, spill the beans. Where is it and what's it like to ride?
Its not that easy....Deals Gap use to be just a quiet place ...no cops.....no Hogs..... just locals. And look what has become of it. 421 playground soon to follow. But heres a clue your warm...Good Luck
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-07-2002, 12:30 PM Thread Starter

Re: Re: Brushy Mountain

Quote:
Originally posted by WYD OPN
Its not that easy....Deals Gap use to be just a quiet place ...no cops.....no Hogs..... just locals. And look what has become of it. 421 playground soon to follow. But heres a clue your warm...Good Luck
Yeah, I know...the Gap is such a mess I won't even go there right now. It was fun a few years ago.
Anyway, I found it (brushy mtn) on my gazetteer. I'll ask which specific roads I should hit on a Wed night.

J.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-07-2002, 12:33 PM

I'd really rather SHOW you.... but since I'm still under the shackles at home for a longer ride, It's pretty simple:

take I-77 N to exit 42 (Troutman). left off exit and go through "downtown" troutman about 3 or 4 miles and you'll see old mountain rd off to the left. Take that and go all the way up and cross over I-40, then route 64, and route 90.
Follow across route 90 on the same road and you'll hit the intersection with sulpher springs road after about a mile. take a left there and go on that for a few miles of nice twisty warmup road that is sulpher springs rd, till you see brushy mountain rd off to the left. take a left there and you're on your own. I don't know the name of the rd at the bottom of the mountain to take you to Taylorsville, but if you have a map or GPS you'll find it. If you have a gas pig like me, you'll want to make sure you got enough gas for a few runs.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-07-2002, 01:05 PM Thread Starter

Hey lespaul85, thanks. But I thought it was going to be a secret!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-07-2002, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MrZX9R
Hey lespaul85, thanks. But I thought it was going to be a secret!
Secret schmecret..... Virtually everyone from this board in the charlotte area that's been around with the group rode it at least once. I would hope that someone would get up there and be adventurous and find another kick ass road up there since one has to exist.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-08-2002, 12:42 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by lespaul85

I would hope that someone would get up there and be adventurous and find another kick ass road up there since one has to exist.

I've been doing some riding in the area, and I may have spotted a few new routes. I need to do some more exploring, and I will let you know what I find....

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-08-2002, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Reaper21

I've been doing some riding in the area, and I may have spotted a few new routes. I need to do some more exploring, and I will let you know what I find....

I have what I call the Lollipop Loop ...165 mile loop of tight twisties/long sweepers & low LEO N.C. Mtns
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-10-2002, 03:40 AM

Ridden It?

I don't know if I'd say I've ridden it, but I can assure you that the ditches out there are full of poison ivy, so I'd recommend sticking to the road.......

-D-
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-06-2002, 06:49 PM

i live in the nc mountains, in ashe county, brushy mountain is in wilkesboro off of 421, im about 30 mins north of wilkesboro and there is all kinds of roads up here to ride, especially in va and tn, both of which are less than 20 mins away. let me know when you head this way
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode