10-02-2002 Lancaster's Dinner Ride - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-02-2002, 09:17 PM Thread Starter

10-02-2002 Lancaster's Dinner Ride

Just finished with uploading all of tonight's pictures to my imagestation. I will link the pics over to my site sometime this morning, after I return to the office, and have a cwap load of coffee

Rob~ Send the pics that you have of tonight to my hotmail account, as I will not be able to check the rr.com address until late tomorrow night. Remember that hotmail has that 1 meg attachment rule.

Serious Note - Thoughts, prayers, and well wishes for a speedy recovery need to go out to Debra (sp?). She was a cruiser rider who went down hard this evening, during our dinner ride. Butch from I-Yam says that she is going to be fine, and should be released from the hospital soon, to return home.

I am not going to preach about riding your own ride; we have seen it enough times to know. However, whilst in group rides, especially as large as tonight's was, remember that there are new riders all around you. Donna' ride over your head, and donna' do stunts that could cause issues.

Butch Tattoo said something about wheelies being popped whilst in the middle of the group again. I did not see any of this tonight, but this can, and will cause problems in regards to these group rides. Please remember this, and hopefully what happened tonight will not be repeated for some time to come.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-02-2002, 10:51 PM

i wish her a quick recovery sorry i left you guys early tonight i just did not feel much like eating and having a good time after seeing someone hurt tonight sorry
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-03-2002, 03:56 AM

I saw a few wheelies from my position near the back of the pack.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-03-2002, 04:30 AM

I didn't see any wheelies either, BUT I WAS in the BACK of the pack with a new rider (What a concept!) I wish her a speedy recovery as well.

On the same topic... The powers that be need to be more aggressive in singling out the newer riders and placing them in the group where they will be the safest, say, towards or IN the back with a competent rider sweeping?????

Kudos for LoudAss Ninja waiting for stragglers - I wouldn't have found Lancaster's if he hadn't.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-03-2002, 07:06 AM

I saw some wheeling in the group. I was in the middle and saw two people a couple of bikes forward doing it. Butch (Store owner) was right in front of me. He should have seen it.

Debra did not have any broken bones. Just a little sore.

71cuda
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-03-2002, 07:21 AM
cly

No broken bones? Is this confirmed? Last night I heard first that she had a broken leg, then I heard shattered kneecap, torn ligaments, etc...
Hopefully, no broken bones is correct. Either way, I wish her a speedy recovery.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-03-2002, 07:42 AM

No broken bones is GREAT! I hope she chalks this up to experience ( or lack of it) and keeps riding!
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-03-2002, 08:27 AM

THat is not a direct confirmation but what Butch told me this morning.

71cuda
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-03-2002, 08:31 AM

If someone talks to her, ask her how she found out about the dinner ride.... I hope she doesn't say "lespaul85". Cause there was some woman on aol that messaged me about riding and I told her about it... I think she rode a yamaha cruiser if I remember correctly.
Anyways, as for the hooligans I'm all for wheelies and everything but on a group ride it's just stupid. It makes Butch think we're at fault for this stupid stuff that happens. There's a time to be a fool and there's a time to refrain.
As far as having the newbies ride in back (which is the place I like to be), I've read more group ride technique info about having them up front than in back. I don't really agree with that, but it is what I've read is the "proper" way of doing it. At least get them away from the hopeless hooligans.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-03-2002, 09:09 AM Thread Starter

Hey all~

Does my heart good to know that ya'll have checked up on her. Thanks Scot for putting out an update on her.

The dinner ride pics are up, and the site has been updated. Go to Boomer's Domain and click on the Dinner Rides Button.

I will do more updates to the site, after I return from our 421 trip. Until then, ya'll be safe!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode