Roll Call East Tennessee Corner Carvers - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-02-2002, 03:28 AM Thread Starter

Exclamation Roll Call East Tennessee Corner Carvers

Who all is here today?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-02-2002, 06:06 AM

I'm here. I'm thinking about heading down to the Gap this weekend.

If any of you are there I will be on my RC. The bike has black and white race bodywork painted sort of like the West Honda Pons GP bikes. Oh yeah, my number 510 is still on the bike but I may take those off(no need to draw extra attention).
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-02-2002, 06:24 AM Thread Starter

RCJ,
You should haul that race bike up to NE TN and ride some of the roads. There are plenty of great roads around. Maybe some that are a bit more technical than 129. Definitely worth the 2+ hour trip from your area.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-02-2002, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Radio Flyer
RCJ,
You should haul that race bike up to NE TN and ride some of the roads. There are plenty of great roads around. Maybe some that are a bit more technical than 129. Definitely worth the 2+ hour trip from your area.
I hear that. My wife and I were up that way a few weeks ago in a car.

What are some of the good highways in the area?
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-02-2002, 10:45 AM

I'm in Knoxville, but I don't know anyone here with a motorcycle. i am a new rider myself, I have had my GS500 for about a month and a half. i am really enjoying it, and learning a lot. i took the MSF and everything as well. at what point is going to the Gap a good idea? are there any other roads in this area that are good for someone looking to gain experience in the twisties. I have found some backroads near knoxville, but they are only really curvy in a few places. I feel confident on my bike, and I have gear, so whaddya think?
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-02-2002, 11:06 AM

I personally think Deal's Gap is a fairly good place to learn twisties assuming you can keep you ego in check. Apparently you can considering you made a good choice for a learning bike(GS500). The Gap has nothing but turns and can be ridden at a decent pace without a bunch of hard braking and gear changes. That is a good way to get the feel for a bike.

The one problem is traffic on the weekends.

The Foothills Parkway isn't a bad learning road either.

I did most of my first 5000 miles riding Hwy 70 between Kingston and Knoxville(Farragut area).

I will probably be heading down to Deal's Gap area this weekend. I prefer Hwy 28 from Deal's Gap to Franklin, NC. It is a fun road with pretty good visibilty.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-02-2002, 01:25 PM

hmm, if my leathers get here in time i might head down there on Friday and perhaps Sunday. anyone going to be in the area either of those days?
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-02-2002, 02:18 PM
JRA

Hi, my name is John and I'm an alcho.... Oh, wrong roll call. Sorry, JRA is here fresh from the now defunct SBN forum and ready to post many, many many, many ,many, many(get the picture?) times, no matter how pointless.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-02-2002, 04:53 PM

tenn roll call

Im here and ready to post many useless threads and talk some meaningless shit!!!
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-17-2002, 10:21 PM

I am in Ringgold, GA or Chattanooga, TN right on the state line. I am never sure where to post GA or TN...every weekend the weather is good enough I either go north on 129 to Deals Gap or maybe the Tellico and the Cherohala skyway (52 miles no access roadsand no comercial traffic) or head south to run 129 around Vogel State Park (wicked passing lanes over the mountain) then swing by TWO and run 180 Wolf Pen Gap....I love the twistes.

check out my latest post on the GA, GA is short for Georgia for you Alabama fans...LOL

Rob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode