Any good rides in south florida? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-20-2002, 05:23 PM Thread Starter

Any good rides in south florida?

I recently got a new bike (havent had one for about 5 years) and was wondering if any one had any suggestions as to some good rides in the area?
Thanks

Last edited by Rlbol; 09-20-2002 at 06:40 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-21-2002, 03:33 AM

if your in coral springs then there is not much around here, my bike is still down so I can't go exploring as of yet. if I was cruising just in a car then I would just hit a1a and go north through boca, its not real fast and no tight curves but its very scenic, there something about the way the trees that line the road turn it into a cool tunnel, anyway its a nice cruise. if you need a quick twisties fix you can head to the park of industry on the northwest corner of sample and coral ridge dr, go on sunday and it wil be empty there are a couple of those caution 15mph turns that would be cool. just make sure you go through there once or twice to clear it for road hazzards and cops.
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-21-2002, 12:12 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the suggestions! A1A is pretty nice, and i have already explored the industrial park =). I was hoping to find some group rides, or people interested in going for rides. When i had my ducati There were a lot of people that i rode with from the local ducati shop, but i havent keep in touch with them unfortantly. We use to go to fudruckers on friday night, which i doont know if people still do, saturday night we would go to miami or palm beach, and sundays we would ride up around lake ochobe (or how ever it is spelled) and in to palm beach, or go down to chrome ave to some bbq resturant. so if anyone now of other rides or is interested in coming up with some others please let me know!

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-21-2002, 02:44 PM

well if your just looking to cruise and have a good time stop in at dynasty cycle on wiles rd between coral ridge and coral springs, next to reddy teddys. its a harley shop but they do maintenance on jap bikes also. just stop in and hang out, the lady who runs it is karen, she is super nice. they go cruising all the time or know people who are, mostly harleys but hey if your on 2 wheels then your ok with me. if I ever get my bike going and learn how to ride again I'll cruise with you.
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-23-2002, 04:40 PM

Try going down US 27, i use to ride with a big group of guys with Hayabusas, zx12's, and some Yamaha's as well. We would usually go down US27 and down some country roads.

Let me tell some of those country roads are awesome! I love the twisties some of these roads have to offer. Just be carefull and wear max protection, cuz most guys that run around there ride hard!

There also some nice roads to top out your bike

laters
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-24-2002, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ducati Racer
Try going down US 27, i use to ride with a big group of guys with Hayabusas, zx12's, and some Yamaha's as well. We would usually go down US27 and down some country roads.

Let me tell some of those country roads are awesome! I love the twisties some of these roads have to offer. Just be carefull and wear max protection, cuz most guys that run around there ride hard!

There also some nice roads to top out your bike

laters
your speaking of snake road but those country roads have gotten real shity with pot holes. the best bet is to head west on I75 to exit 14 and just hit snake road with out riding thru the country roads. then you also have Fud Ruckers on Friday nights off Sunrise Blvd & US1 and Fudruckers in Miami off 137 Street and US1 on Thursday nights. and theres also a large group that get together on US27 at 0800 and just spend the morning racing up and down US27 around mile marker 43 north bound.
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-24-2002, 06:06 PM

I always like taking a sunday ride through parkland (Watch for Cops) and North Springs. Like Westview Drive (north Of Wiles) Its a nice a little ride. We do group rides on Friday nights down to Fudds. If you want to join up just let us know. Also on the weekends, A lot of riders go to the MSF course at Ft. Lauderdale Stadium. Its a nice ride on the weekends, from Sample to Lyons South. East on Cypress Creek (Mcnab Rd) to one light west of Powerline. Then head south to the stadium on the right. I think on that little road is one of the best s-turns in FL for Motorcycles...Enjoy the ride

www.msf-usa.org

The More You Know, The Better It Gets
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-24-2002, 07:08 PM

how ya doin msf. I may be coming to your class in the next few months. anyway don't you find the westview drive a little short, I went to stoneman douglas high 1 block away from there, actually I now live on wiles road just past lyons where it dead ends, the road I'm on actually has a couple of curves that are fun, but do a pass first for cops. actually when you dead end at my complex make a u-turn and your first right onto a street, back there you will find plenty of curvy roads to enjoy. I'll be speaking to you soon. I'm sure I don't need to tell you but make sure you have working turn signals when in coconut creek, the cops get real bored here and pull over people for anything they can.
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-25-2002, 03:12 AM

working turn signals???????? I thought motorcycles in Florida were not requierd to have turn signals.
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-25-2002, 05:50 AM

Hey all, a friend of mine took me out on his bike a while back and we went through a couple pretty good roads in Davie. One of them had the speed humps. Man was tht fun! If I hadn't had experience as a jumper (horses, that is) I would have fallen off the back of the bike, came about 6 inches off the seat. There's a road back there by the old dirtbike track that is closed down, not really sure just where it is, I can find out though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode