South Florida Ride - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-03-2002, 08:35 AM Thread Starter

Talking South Florida Ride

We need to ride large to Fuddruckers in Ft. Lauderdale on Friday Nights, Who's In?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-04-2002, 01:03 PM

I would love to attend, but #1, I have to work late, and #2, I don't have my bike just yet. Would love to tag along another time! Any objections? Just moved back to Miami, new rider as well, so I would like some tips and pointers.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-12-2002, 11:04 AM

the weather has sucked lately but the Fud's on US1on Thursdays in Miami gets just as packed as the one in fort lauderdale

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-12-2002, 11:39 AM

Well, if anyone is planning something, let me know a little bit in advance. I would like to come to meet people. If you dont mind me bringing my little rice burner instead of a bike. But I might be able to keep up a bit!

~Jackie~
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-12-2002, 12:23 PM

it doesnt look good for tonight but let see what tomorrow is like, hopefuly it wont rain
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-12-2002, 01:02 PM Thread Starter

Lightbulb

The whole weekend looks like rain, Hope it doesnt. I have no choice but to ride on the weekends, Im teaching in Ft. Lauderdale. We ride rain or shine. Hopefully Friday night is clear. Keep posted for tommorow...

The More you know, The Better It Gets...

www.msf-usa.org
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-12-2002, 02:11 PM

why don't you guys have the msf coarse during the week sometimes, there are hundreds of us waiting who work weekends
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-13-2002, 06:09 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by SilentNEKO
why don't you guys have the msf coarse during the week sometimes, there are hundreds of us waiting who work weekends
We do have classes during the week. It's just hard finding RiderCoaches (Instructors) during the week to work, we have full time jobs too. I know the School I work for has it during the week (Motorcycle Safety of South Florida 954-797-6707), keep in mind, the course does take three days, one evening and two days. I beleive its Monday Evening, then Tuesday and Wednsday. There are other schools in South Florida, (but why go there, when you can be coached by me) there is one in Boca and another in Hollywood. I know Hollywood does it during the week also. If you feel like traveling, you can go down to Miami where there are atleast three schools. If you plan on taking the course or know someone who is, call well in advance, most of the time there is a wait. Im glad now to see that there are so many new and exisitng riders wanting to take the course. But im sad to say that there is more demand than supply. It would be nice to have more Schools in the Ft. Lauderdale area. Heck, lets find a good spot and start one... If you need the numbers to the other schools in South Florida, Go to www.msf-usa.org

The More You Know, The Better It Gets
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-13-2002, 08:33 AM

ok so it starts monday night, then its on tuesday and wednesday, thats perfect, I'm off tuesday and wednesday plus I only work till 3:30 monday so it sounds like a plan, out of curiosity how much does it cost? I may have to save up a bit, and what type of bikes you cruisin over there?
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-13-2002, 09:35 AM

I need to take the MSF course, but I hear that the ones up here in PB County have like a 3-4 month wait. How long is the wait at the one in Ft. Laud? I live in Miami, but work in WPB, so I can go practically anywhere in between. Also the bikes are provided right? What kind of bikes are they?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode