downtown Atl,GA - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-18-2002, 02:17 PM Thread Starter

downtown Atl,GA

Well i couldnt find anyone to go riding , so i went dwntown to go riding , and nearly got ran over five diffrent times by cagers , they just came right over on me like i wasnt even there. no trun singals or anything at all . then they shot me a bird and acted like it was my fault. they really need to learn how to drive
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-18-2002, 02:24 PM

I have no idea why you went downtown to "go riding", but Atlanta is the scariest place I have ever ridden a motorcycle. I grew up there, and lived in Athens, too.. but I rarely rode my bike around ATL. Ugh. YOU WILL GET KILLED.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-18-2002, 03:37 PM Thread Starter

just for something diffrent

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-18-2002, 04:11 PM

Atlanta hangoug

Hey,

I live and ride through all parts of Atlanta without a problem. I guess I am a bit of a dare devil.

Are there any hot spots where riders congregate in Atlanta?

smiles,
rwp
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-19-2002, 02:04 AM

I used to live in Atlanta also and still have to deal with the traffic hell and crappy drivers to get to the airport. I used to trailer my bike from Atlanta to the mountains or the track and even then had the trailer hit twice. I hate to say it but the city morgue is where alot of riders end up hanging out. Why not ride up in the mountains instead?

Steve Sallberg
Anderson, SC
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-19-2002, 05:28 AM

Send a message via AIM to ga_skyline_rydr Send a message via Yahoo to ga_skyline_rydr
Smile Re: downtown Atl,GA

Quote:
Originally posted by ghostrunner
Well i couldnt find anyone to go riding , so i went dwntown to go riding , and nearly got ran over five diffrent times by cagers , they just came right over on me like i wasnt even there. no trun singals or anything at all . then they shot me a bird and acted like it was my fault. they really need to learn how to drive
Where exactly were you riding? There are areas even in downtown that are relatively safe. If the cagers can't see you on that monster that you ride then they are indeed blind. I will show you some real radical areas when I get my bike back something that is safe and virtually no cagers. Downtown ATL is something that will keep you wide awake and never bore you. Be safe and watch out for those cagers.

Me Big Brother, me watching you

skylinerydr- where the ground meets the sky

Today is the day of the beginning of your life, ride safe
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-19-2002, 09:09 AM

yeah, the drivers in atlanta can be bad, but no worse than elsewhere......there's just more of them. a driver there did try to take out my buddy at over 150 mph.....from three lanes over!! really frigging scary. he sandwiched my buddy between him and one of those emergency response trucks and somehow my buddy made it in between 2 cars with 2 feet between him and the 2 vehicles. very uncool on the part of that cager.

there are good places to ride in atlanta, depending on where you live. i used to live in the buckhead area and within 15 minutes there are some great roads.

as far as places where bikes congregate, yeah, there are some, but they ain't legal and i ain't sayin' where! ask around and you'll find out pretty quick. there are about 3 spots that are good hangouts, but the best LEGAL one is the Vortex on thursday nights. it's off of ponce and the crowd is always good. there's everything from harley's (few) to full-carbon ducks to stretched busas. that should get you started.

for the cagers that flip you off, i always pull up to those guys at a stoplight or the highway and kindly ask them if they have a problem with me.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-19-2002, 11:54 AM Thread Starter

hang out

hotrod try the bp across from the varisty on sat and sun nights around five pm . lot is ussually full
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-19-2002, 03:52 PM

yeah, forgot about that one, ghostrunner. go there and then you'll find the fun places where everyone hangs out. palace, park, etc.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-20-2002, 03:56 AM

hangout spots

I was told that frozen paradise is a good place to hang. You know, I've been riding for a few months now and have a 2001 ninja500r. Don't want to be left in the dust. Maybe I should stay on the porch.

Oh, next year I was thinking about upgrading to either a ninja600r or a r6. Any suggestions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode