New to Central FL - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-21-2002, 10:12 PM Thread Starter

New to Central FL

Hey, I'm new at this but here goes nothing.
Just looking for a few bits of advice. First of all, I'm new down here and I'm hoping to find out some rules about acquiring a motorcycle license. I found out down here in FL that one place you get a license and another place you get plates. I got some info on a training class at Brevard Comm College in Melbourne. Could anyone tell me about this? Is this required for a license? I've never owned a bike but I have wanted one for quite sometime. The problem I had was in NY where I was, we could only ride it maybe two months out of the year cause the weather sucked! Now down here, I have no more excuses! I'm also hoping to meet some riders down here who can help me get started. I appreciate anyone who can help me out or offer any advice. Thanks! "J"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-22-2002, 08:41 AM

hopefully soem helpful info

You should take the MSF course for sure. After you pass that all you need to do is take the written test and you have a motorcycle license<sic?>. To get your tags you have to goto the tax collecter's office. I don't know where they are located in Brevard county, but they have like 5 or 6 in orange county.
Remember you don't want a 1000cc bike for your first one either.
you wil learn more on a smaller bike like a EX500 or SV650 which in their own right are fast bike.

Then after that you wil most likely turn to the darkside and want to get on the track. <eveil laugh>
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-22-2002, 06:06 PM Thread Starter

Thank you for the advice! I will definitely look into the course and I want a small bike to start. I've enjoyed browsing the website because (and people will probably laugh at me for saying this) for a while now, another reason I have held off is that I felt I was getting too old to learn how to ride. I saw a poll on one of these forums and the majority of people who ride are my age. I guess I've been a bit intimidated by all these "young guns" on the road thinking that I'm getting too old to learn. I'm also a bit intimidated by the shifting in gear. Unfortunately, I can't drive standard and that's a disadvantage in learning how to ride as well. The course here in Melbourne says all I need to do is ride a bike and that I can do. I'm sure I'll figure it out and before too long, enjoying the rush. Thanks "J"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode