daytona - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-19-2002, 05:43 PM Thread Starter

daytona

daytona ......and cocoa beach some weekends.....i know there is some group that meets at checkers or something i'd like to find out the times....there is a few crews in daytona i will post more when i can find out times
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-19-2002, 05:51 PM

Well, between september and april, there's the riddle riders. You can bet I'll be there with em.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-20-2002, 01:34 PM Thread Starter

I go to riddle also....is there any dues for the club?...how about track days?

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-20-2002, 03:42 PM

no dues. I will have my CCS license if you wanna hit the track sometime.
You at riddle right now?
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-21-2002, 09:59 AM Thread Starter

well I am in daytona but not taking classes....i have a few buddies from riddle i ride with one guy named rich has a telefonica suzuki and the other guy is named brian with a 954....I'm always looking to ride with more experienced guys i only have a few thousand miles on my bike. Let me know if your looking for some riding buddies.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-21-2002, 03:15 PM

I'm up in MD thru the summer, but I'll be there fall and spring. Paid Co-op's rule.

If you wanna take to the track sometime, I'd be more than happy to
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-21-2002, 03:52 PM Thread Starter

yeah the track sounds good..thanks for the offer....
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-21-2002, 03:55 PM Thread Starter

just wondering how fast have you seen people take the turns behind the airport? i can carry about 65 to 70 but i think i might get it a bit faster.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-21-2002, 04:13 PM

I'm not sure personally... Have a couple too many from those damn daytona cops with nothing better to do than give out tickets all day... you'd think they MABYE could be doing something about the stereo jackings at riddle as of late....but noooo...they gotta give out traffic tickets all day long. And yes. I've gotten tickets from them ON FRIGGIN CAMPUS.

You may want to take clyde morris north from campus out towards the nothingless. There's alot of nothing but open road, with occasional bends.

The question about how fast you can take corners depends on wether you wear sliders, and how sticky those tires of yours are. If they will fit on your rims.. 180/55ZR17 and 120/70ZR17 Dunlop D207RR's work GREAT, and aren't quite as much as race compound tires. (and last longer)

You wouldn't happen to know if that Aprilia Dealer off Int'l Sp. Blvd near the rte. 4 exit is done and open yet, would you? I need something to drool all over when I get back in daytona.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-22-2002, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by limegreen6R

You wouldn't happen to know if that Aprilia Dealer off Int'l Sp. Blvd near the rte. 4 exit is done and open yet, would you? I need something to drool all over when I get back in daytona.
I know that it was supposed to be open for bike week but the county took their time doing some of the inspections so he went behind schedule.

I didn't know that he got the Aprilia dealership too!

I'll see the owner at roebling in July @ the CCS weekend so make it down there and I'll see ya at the races.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode