Anybody from N. Florida in here? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-05-2002, 02:24 PM Thread Starter

Anybody from N. Florida in here?

Just wondering. I live in Orange Park. We have local rides quite often and are always looking for more riders.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-12-2002, 07:45 PM

Re:

Ever make it down to Keystone Heights? Let me know if you do, me and a couple of buds ride most every sun. afternoon whenever possible. .....MM
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-13-2002, 05:36 AM Thread Starter

I ride through Keystone all the time. I live in south OP in Clay County. We have big get together up here with our group and are always looking for new friends to hang out with and ride. Every go to Cycle Accessories West on Saturday night?

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-14-2002, 06:13 PM

Thumbs up

No, but wheres it located? Maybe we'll head that way this coming sat.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-15-2002, 05:57 PM Thread Starter

It's on Blanding Blvd in Jax about 5 miles north of 295. Drop me an email at [email protected] and I'll send you my phone number. We have a huge group up here, we are real tight and very open to meeting new friends. Do you have a chatterbox?
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-07-2002, 07:07 PM

Sat. Nite.

Hey
What is it that goes on up at Cycle Access. I live in Green Cove and have heard a little about something on saturday night, as well as the clover leaf at Butler and Southside and also a road off off Pritchard Rd. where there is racing on Sun. afternoons.
A good ride down at Keystone is 214 off of SR100 . It goes to Interlachen and Grandin, a nice hilly and winding road that has been newly paved.

Last edited by BirdXX; 05-07-2002 at 07:10 PM.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-08-2002, 03:27 PM

Keystone guys

Hey Bird, you're not that far from us!Theres three of us here in KH that get together regularly and we're quite familiar with 214 as well as the run from Grandin to Interlachen ( new pavement ) We recently hooked up with Mark (Sportbikes.ws) Theres quite a large group of Sportbikes up in OP! A bunch meet at CAW on Blanding on Sat. nights,just hanging out watching squids get tickets! among other things. You just missed a ride with some folks from Starke ( 11 total ). We headed over to San Mateo (to eat ) then up to OP to CAW. Some guys I know from Starke are planning a ride this Sat. afternoon to Crystal River in search of a road that sounds ideal for us Sportbike types , about 6-7 miles of twists ( supposedly ). Anyway ought to be fun! any excuse to ride is what I always say! Hope to meet ya' Bird! btw I ride an F4i and my buds here in Keystone ride a 'busa and a ZX-9R.

Do you have a Chatterbox?
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-10-2002, 06:19 AM

Talking Crystal River

I have been down that Rd. and it is sweet. There is a nice place to eat towards the end of it, but they only take cash, no debit or credit, so be ready if you plan to eat at that spot.

Mike
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-10-2002, 06:29 PM

MMF4i

Yeh....will have to hook up sometimes, sounds like fun.
Every sunday morning I get out the map and search out
roads that might be fun. Let me know about Crystal River,
unfortunently its my Saturday to work.
I have been reading and looking into a chatterbox. Maybe
you could give me some pointers on them.

Mike

Last edited by BirdXX; 05-10-2002 at 07:40 PM.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-10-2002, 07:11 PM

Re:

Yeah I'm working also but I'm hopeing to get off early enough to go. As far as the chatterbox all I can say is I love mine! I'd been thinking about getting one for awhile and then I got talking to Mark about it and he talked me right into it. No regrets! even though I'm new at using one I can already see their many advantages, warning someone ( or anyone behind you ) of a road hazard, cops, upcoming turn, "I gotta' stop to pee, get gas, something wrong w/ my bike",etc...Get tired of all those funky hand signals! It really adds an entirely new dimension to your group ride. I think I've talked a few of my riding buds into getting 'em. Found the best price at www.alphasports.com.

Be safe, we'll hook up one of these days.........Mike

ps.. If you get one don't get the super-duper one, get the HJC-FRS Multi-sport 2 channel with the 2 mile range, works great!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode