Mobile riders, drag racing time! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-01-2002, 09:29 PM Thread Starter

Talking Mobile riders, drag racing time!

I know that Headhunter has been bugging the diddley do out of me about this, well time it's time to pay up. Anthony and Rodney are having their bikers meet at Mobile Dragway on April 28, 2002 (last Sunday of the month). Bikes only, no cars. Heads up or bracket, grudge matches, "open riding style" (in other words, ride on the tank, ride wheelies, half track burnouts, whatever). There is a new track surface this year, but it's already set due to the rains we've had and the fact that 700 HP cars run on this sucker weekly! So, bring your bike, your half naked women, plenty of money ($15 entry, drinks and food available for purchase courtesy of Rodney, and of course for all of those 'grudge matches'), and more half naked women. If you're really a brave soul, you could bring a video camera and a broom with dustpan, because somebody is bound to drop their bike and cause quite a mess. Oh yeah, cruisers are invited too, which brings in another use for the broom when a Harley gets on the track - picking up all the parts! It's from 1 pm-8 pm, $15 to race, $5 to watch (hey, you think the track is free? I'd rather pay $15 to run all day than $150 for one ticket!). Easiest directions, take I-10 to the Theodore/Tillman's Corner exit. Take Hwy 90 west (towards Theodore). You'll go about 7 or 8 miles (you'll pass the track on your left hand side, can't miss it, big old stock car on a pole) to a red light by a gas station. Turn left, then make your first left, track is about 1/4 mile down on your right. Lost? Call 957-3054. Still lost? Sit at any gas station on Hwy 90 and wait until you see a furry bike. Or, just follow the line of motorcycles (average attendance last year was close to 100 bikes).

For all you guys who think you're fast, last year we had a guy with a GSXR 1000 offer 1 bulb and $100 to anybody who could beat him. Nobody was dumb enough to take him on. That ought to tell you something. Wanna race a Busa? Pick one of the 10 that are usually there. Or the 3 ZX-12r's. Or the 5 XX's. Or the umpteen GSXR 1000's. Let's race!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-09-2002, 10:53 AM

Guess you know how to push the buttons. Well, looks like I have a bite for the xx $7500. So, it might be gone before i have a chance to whoop up on ya. But that's ok, got my 954 on order, bet i can still whoop ya with it, just joking, don't plan on it ever seeing the strip, at least not until someone talks smack while i'm there. If I have a bike, i'll be there for sure, i'll let the other guys know.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-09-2002, 09:44 PM Thread Starter

Umm, why are you getting rid of the XX? Why are you changing to a more aggressive riding stance? Why, why, why!?

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-02-2002, 07:58 AM

Drag racing

Well, i missed the last drag meet. I'm really hesitant to put the 9 on the drag strip. I've told my self time and time again, that i've given it up. I want to stick to track days. But the drag strip is in my blood, i'm sure if someone talks enough trash, i could be persuaded to lay the smake down on a couple of ya'll.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-02-2002, 12:17 PM Thread Starter

Well you just missed us by two days, as the last track meet was Sunday. I'm not 100% on the next one, but I'm sure I can persuade Anthony and Rodney into it, if we have enough P'cola support.

As for laying smack down, I'm down to 6.50's and I've still got to get a new air filter. I'm also getting a power commander, and may be making a call to Pingle within the next two weeks. Let your imagination run wild.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode