South Carolina Riders? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-05-2002, 08:19 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to minfinger
South Carolina Riders?

Any new people join in the past 6 months from South Carolina?

I'm looking ot meet new people. Of course there's a only a few of us that are out braving the 45 degree temps

Later
Mike-

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-06-2002, 02:13 AM

Upstate Here

I am in Anderson SC. Kinda wet & cold here lately

Steve Sallberg
Anderson, SC
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-06-2002, 02:36 AM Thread Starter

Raining down here too. I'm pretty pissed off because it's 60 degrees today!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-07-2002, 04:28 AM

Minifinger,

Have you ever been out a little west of Walterboro? It's not that far for you from Charleston and my old map (1:200,000 USGS) looks like there might be some sort 'a curvy stuff there. I have been reconning north of Savannah, but just the Georgia side of the river.

Also, what's the Smokey-Situation in SC?
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-07-2002, 06:22 AM Thread Starter

I've ridden with a local group from Charleston near Walterboro, but it's mainly on the Charleston side. East I guess. Those guys ride out there to much and the residents know to call the Troopers every Sunday around 2 PM. So I quit riding with them. Plus they all think they're above having anyone new join the ride.

As far as cops, well most of the troopers in SC think Sportbikes "are the devil"! hehe I got pulled over on I-26 right after I zoomed through traffic at 120+ MPH and then slowed down. The trooper in an unmarked Blue Crown Vic pulled up behind me. I thought he was going to whip my butt when he got out of the car. He asked me how fast I was going, I stuttered and saw he had no Radar LMAO. "I'm really not sure" in a geeky scared voice with my puppy dog face on. He said I was going 110, Ok I can guesstimate you had Donuts for Lunch too! Then he started b***hin me about how much of a bad image I give to motorcycles, he says, "Me and my buddies" (Who had disppeared be this time). Well right then I proceeded to Stereotype him as a Harley Rider . Well he beat around the bush for a little while and yelled at me some more. And said Happy Late Christmas, now if I ever see you going over 60 MPH again "On My Highway" I will throw you in jail!

So I figure I just won't ride my FZ1 for a few months on I-26 LMAO I'm stuck having to ride the R6!

post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-07-2002, 06:44 AM

I'm going to try to get out THIS side of Walterboro sometime soon and give it a look. If it is, I'll let you know. Looks real rural, so I wouldn't guess there'd be much state LE, just local county guys.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-07-2002, 09:58 AM

Send a message via AIM to RCjohn
Unmarked Crown Vic... you're killing me. You mean someone other than cops drive those. I consider everyone of them a cop because odds are it is.

Seriously, those SC Troopers are sneaky... they will use anything as a Trooper car.

John

The sheep need love too but they lie.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-07-2002, 02:37 PM Thread Starter

Well all of my buddies were already on the Highway and I come flying off the On Ramp and none of them were waving or nothing!! I didn't see him...

post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-30-2002, 07:59 PM

Upstate SC

I live in Simpsonville, SC and would like to talk to you about possibly getting together for a ride sometime. Email me back if you're interested.

Topgun63
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-31-2002, 03:43 AM

Upstate SC too

Heya Topgun,

I live in Powdersville, but work in Simpsonville. Glad to know there's someone on this site that lives near me. Anyways, just wanted to let you know that I'm here if you want to hook-up for a ride somewhere. I know of a few others who live in Clemson (old classmates) who ride as well. Didn't realize they rode until Road Atlanta a few weekends ago.

Well, keep in touch.

Omega
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode