Alabama Riders - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-10-2001, 12:21 PM Thread Starter

Alabama Riders

Hey any riders from Troy , Montgomery , Dothan gimme a shout..........................
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kawi 2.jpg (170.3 KB, 115 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-10-2001, 01:37 PM

I just left Ft. Rucker. I might be back in the area soon!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg my cbr9.jpg (25.6 KB, 109 views)
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-11-2001, 12:56 AM

I'm here in Pensacola, Quite a bit south, but not too far at 3 miles a minute.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg noquestionsasked.jpg (39.5 KB, 97 views)

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-11-2001, 02:23 AM Thread Starter

Hey Headhunter

Hey Headhunter im from Pace went to HS there went to PJC...worked at Motion Industries there for a while any way i get down that some i got a couple of riding buddies from Pace.............rode with the Buell Owners Group one weekend ...lmao the ones that kept running any way thanks for the reply maybe can meet one day try to go to the Int Motorcycle Show in Atlanta every year and Road Atlanta Race......Daytona Rode the down for the 200....ok gettin long winded u know how it is with us Older guys go to the Gap one a year too
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-11-2001, 04:46 AM

Re: Hey Headhunter

Quote:
Originally posted by Rider
Hey Headhunter im from Pace went to HS there went to PJC...worked at Motion Industries there for a while any way i get down that some i got a couple of riding buddies from Pace.............rode with the Buell Owners Group one weekend ...lmao the ones that kept running any way thanks for the reply maybe can meet one day try to go to the Int Motorcycle Show in Atlanta every year and Road Atlanta Race......Daytona Rode the down for the 200....ok gettin long winded u know how it is with us Older guys go to the Gap one a year too

Wow, all that in one breath. Wel I'm in the military, Not originally from here. Went to the GAP last year, definitly going again this year. We usually go to irvington, AL and race at the drag strip. I'm dying to get on a real track, but I'm gonna have to spring for the rest of the gear, it's quite expensive. well i'll get back with later.

Last edited by Headhunter; 12-11-2001 at 04:48 AM.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-11-2001, 06:25 AM
SoWeGa

I got my bachelor's degree at Troy State in 2000, now I live in Albany, GA, about two hours east. I didn't know there were any sportbikes in Troy except for my fraternity brother's R6. . .

Ed
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-11-2001, 06:55 AM

anybody ever meet up with the guys in mobile?
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-11-2001, 07:52 AM

Yeah, when are all of you guys coming to Mobile again? Just joking with you, it's too cold and there's nothing to do here lately, so you're not missing much. Besides, I wouldn't expect you guys to ride from Timbuktu to Podunk, Alabama just to see a furred out CBR 1100 XX that can stoppie all day but can't wheelie for ****.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-11-2001, 09:06 AM

I've awakened the beast

Well went 18,000 miles on the same plugs, and air filter. I know how much of a pain it is to do plugs on this thing. Well finally did it. Thought I was just used to the Bird. Well with new plugs and filter, bet I regained at least 20+ hp. She now power wheelies in second, just bring her to 7g's and pop the throttle, she stands up like a good little girl. Feels just like a first gear power wheelie, just not as violent. Never would have thought that I had lost that much power, she seemed to run just fine. Can't wait for the next day at the track.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-21-2002, 06:27 AM

Headhunter, I'm from Troy and looking for someone to ride with. I think I have seen you once, but I was in a hurry so I could not stop.

Oh yeah, a guy that lives across the street from me just bought a 2002 R1 so he is looking to get some miles in to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode