DEALS GAP August 30, 2001 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-21-2001, 02:16 PM Thread Starter

DEALS GAP August 30, 2001

I'm lucky enough to have a GF that has family in Kentucky. So I told her there was no way in H*LL I was going to go with her unless I road the bike through the Gap All Day Thursday! We're riding up Wednesday Night from Charleston and staying in Cherokee. I can't wait to Hit the Blue Ridge!

Is anyone else going to be there that weekend?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-22-2001, 03:55 PM

Hey man,

A group of us are trying to go sometime here in the future. Not sure when, but I will propose that date to them and see what they say.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-22-2001, 09:47 PM Thread Starter

I figured I'd run the GAP for about 4 hours TRhursday Morning if i wasn't dead tired from the ride up. Then in the Afternon, I'd head out to Convington, Kentucky (where her family is). Just reply back and let me know if you guys are going. If you go, look forthe LE R6

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-27-2001, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by smitty ZX-9R
Hey man,

A group of us are trying to go sometime here in the future. Not sure when, but I will propose that date to them and see what they say.
Why don't you go to Smackdown with the rest of us?

https://www.sportbikeworld.com/showth...threadid=10288
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-27-2001, 11:46 AM Thread Starter

I figured out what I'm doing for The Gap.

Wednesday after work:
Leave the GFs house with the GF in tow.
I-26 to Hwy 151
hehe, Blue Ridge Parkway at night. Even though I won't be able to see the views, I'll be able to stay awake by flopping back and forth on the turns
Hwy 151 runs right into Cherokee and we'll spend the night there.

Thrusday:
Goof off in Cherokee and do the tourist thing with her 3 yr old.
Grab some lunch and head to The Gap.
Run the Gap a few times Take some pics and blah blah
Become a member and get a "Go Fast Sticker" before I head out.

Thursday Afternoon:
Hwy 129 to 275 to 75 to Covington, KY.
Mapquest says 4.25 Hours, but I don't know.
I figure 5 Hours, cause both of the ladys (GF and her 3 yr old) are going to whinning about food at some point LMAO.

Then while in Covington, I'm told I'll be watching some Big Fireworks display or something.

Then she wants to go to her grandmothers house and that means we have to come back through Virginia. And that means more twistie mountain roads
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-30-2001, 06:19 AM

Smile deals gap

I'm all about going up there guys. I have some friends here where I live that have went three times or so this summer. I've never been before myself but would like to go. Dunno if I can take 318 cuves in 11 miles superbike style but I would like to be there anyway to see what it's like. I'm sure it blows your mind to see all those curves in such a tight place all at once. If anyones riding up that way soon let me know something and i will try to make plans to go.

Josh
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-30-2001, 06:27 AM

Re: deals gap

Quote:
Originally posted by gravesR6
I'm all about going up there guys. I have some friends here where I live that have went three times or so this summer. I've never been before myself but would like to go. Dunno if I can take 318 cuves in 11 miles superbike style but I would like to be there anyway to see what it's like. I'm sure it blows your mind to see all those curves in such a tight place all at once. If anyones riding up that way soon let me know something and i will try to make plans to go.

Josh
https://www.sportbikeworld.com/showt...&threadid=10288
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode