Drag racing, and new riding club, Mobile AL - Page 2 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-13-2001, 03:40 AM Thread Starter

That was last Tuesday, and I do remember seeing you. Your bike is Maroon I believe, half faired 4 cylinder right? It took me from Airport and Downtowner to get up beside you thanks to traffic. I was wondering if you were heading home or heading out for a ride, because it's always better to ride with somebody.

My bike attracts a lot of attention don't you think?

When do you want yours furred?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-13-2001, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Xcopcar
I have no clue what kind of bike you ride. What is a B12?

Are you guys talking about drugs? cause they're not welcome here.
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-13-2001, 09:20 AM

Yes that was me. And I was on the way home from work. I bought the bike to cut my gas bill down as I commute about 35 miles one way up to Axis on hwy43. I've gone from 13 mpg in my bronco to 42 mpg on the B12. The gas savings is making the note on the bike, at least thats how I justified the purchase to the wife.

post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-16-2001, 04:19 PM Thread Starter

Bama, nice to meet you man. Didn't get to talk much cause those guys don't like to park for too long after the Causeway meeting. Don't have a clue where you all went, but considering that you passed me like I wasn't moving, I figure you caught up with them. By the way, that was fast for me.

Getting back to my original post, there will be no more drag meets this year. I talked with the guys that put up the money for the track and they don't see enough interest in it now that the weather has turned colder. Looks like a March of April kick-off.
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-18-2001, 11:56 AM

Thumbs up

Hey man I had a Blast! Now that I know where ya'll ride I will have to join in more often. Don't remember passing you, I was busy watching folks passing me doing 100+ mph stand up wheelies.
post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-18-2001, 12:51 PM Thread Starter

So they all passed you doing 100 MPH+ standup wheelies? Well, I was at the back going about that fast when they all started doing those 100 MPH+ standup wheelies. Of course, I don't mind. I like the sound of going 100 and hearing a GSXR 750 bounce off the rev limiter, the clutch dumping, chains trying to snap in half, and the bike pass me like I'm not moving.

By the way, I don't know how fast you peaked out at, but my speedo was way beyond the 12:00 position and Chris was still on the back tire doing a wheelie. Remember, my speedo goes to 205 and it only sweeps from 6:00 back around to 4:00.
post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-23-2001, 03:47 PM

ok, so is there gonna be a Novemeber race?? need to know soon, might be able to have tires by sat. haven't heard any word yet, but have heard there's rain predicted this weekend. what's the word?
post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-23-2001, 04:16 PM Thread Starter

I already made a post on this about 2 or 3 up, but there will not be a November race. Anthony and Rodney decided against it due to lack of interest and doubtful weather. Looks like it may be March or April before we have another one. Sorry.
post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-01-2002, 01:26 AM

Any idea when were gonna start racing?
post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-01-2002, 02:04 PM Thread Starter

Here's the situation with the racing. Gary (the track owner) is resurfacing the track, and he's not 100% sure it will be back up and running to full potential by the end of February. The track is supposed to open back up this coming Tuesday night for test and tune, but I'm not sure that's gonna happen just yet. I'm going to talk with Anthony tomorrow and see if he's heard anything further from Gary about it. I still think it's going to be March before we start renting the track again, partly because of the track, and partly because I don't think this winter will ever end!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode