Roebling Track - Near Savannah, GA - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-04-2001, 08:14 PM Thread Starter

Roebling Track - Near Savannah, GA

I guess i should have poisted this sooner, but I'm riding down there in the morning. They've been running races all weekend and Sunday is the money day. So I figured I'd go check it out.

Anyone who wants to meet up. Email me before 8AM and I'll give you my Cell number.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-05-2001, 06:50 PM

WERA is racing there next weekend. I will be there observing and probably helping with one of the teams.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-05-2001, 07:51 PM Thread Starter

John,

I'm going to be down there Sunday. Kate, the Track Manager, said she'd hook me up with whoever so I can be a Corner Person or something. I refuse to clean the SH*TTER (LOL) I thought me and the Coke Machine were going to "get it on" today. Stupid thing took my .50 and then would give me back my hand LOL. It's hard to ride a bike with just your left hand. I'm kidding. Hmmm...But other than that, the SCCA Cars were cool.

I'm going to try and get there earlier this Sunday. I got held up at the house and didn't leave until 9:30 from Charleston. Then I road with to Gold Wings to the 104 Exit in GA on I-95. They weren't doing 100 or nothing, so it took 1.5 hrs! :-( I got in some good Wheelie practice time LMAO

Then I drove around in Beaufort SC and took those picture in the my post in the Yamaha Forum. I pissed some woman off by swerving in the lane behind her and I watched some other lady get pulled over LMAO It was funny, becasue she tried to cut me off a few miles back. I drove where it wasn't wet yet on the HWY and Prayed!

John, you should give me your Cell Number so I can call you Sunday when I get there. Or some way to get in touch with you. I don't know, I'd probably be the only ChampionShip R6 that's not racing, if there are any other Championships there. I should be to hard to spot me.

Oh yeah, what do I need to do to Join WERA? I don't have my racing license yet, and if I don't go pay the taxes on the bike Monday, I may not have a real license LOL

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-06-2001, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by minfinger
John,

John, you should give me your Cell Number so I can call you Sunday when I get there. Or some way to get in touch with you. I don't know, I'd probably be the only ChampionShip R6 that's not racing, if there are any other Championships there. I should be to hard to spot me.

Oh yeah, what do I need to do to Join WERA? I don't have my racing license yet, and if I don't go pay the taxes on the bike Monday, I may not have a real license LOL
I will get my cell phone number and send it to you later. I don't remember it right now besides my wife keeps it usually. I will probably be handing around with the Brian Sufferidge team. He will be racing his new RC-51 there. A friend of the wife and I is a crew member with Suff and a couple of his friends.

WERA has a webpage at www.wera.com I need to find out if there is anything special I need to get into the races. I have been with a well known crew the two times I have been at Roebling.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-06-2001, 09:53 AM Thread Starter

WERA Fees and other BS

Here's the Fee's: http://www.wera.com/pages/fees.html
I'm going to joined as an Associate Memeber $30. I think that will get me into any WERA event. Plus by signing my life away I can work corners and stuff.

Here's the Rules I see about the crew.
http://www.wera.com/pages/rulebook.htm
Chapter 3.5
Chapter 3.24 a-d
Chapter 5 PENALTIES - The whole section.
Chapter 7 - The whole thing. Particularly 7.7, 7.17, 7.20
Chapter 8.1
Chapter 10.16
Chapter 10.17
Chapter 10.31
Chapter 10.37.d

Lots of rules LOL

I just emailed the WERA People about comign down this weekend. Kate, the track Manager, said those guys can always use more Corner Workers.

P.S. John, Do you have to ask your Wifes Permission to go out and play on the weekends? LMAO jk
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-06-2001, 12:01 PM

Re: WERA Fees and other BS

Quote:
Originally posted by minfinger

P.S. John, Do you have to ask your Wifes Permission to go out and play on the weekends? LMAO jk
Only if it takes money. LOL

Thanks for the info.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-06-2001, 08:39 PM Thread Starter

Don't tell her, but we'll sneak you in for free

Send me that Cell number when you get a chance...
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-08-2001, 04:53 PM

Talking CCS

The CCS races there too, in fact labor day weekend I'll be there racing (if my brother lets me barrow his bike again) or playing pit bitch for a couple of friends of mine. Hpe to see you guys there!!!

Oh yeah my number is 205 amature. yellow f4.
I'll most likely be pitted with the Hooters rider. Since he lets me put my bike in his trailer and ride up with him.

Later
Rich
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-08-2001, 08:30 PM Thread Starter

UNGWAHA....Sweet man. I wish I could come down for Labor day. But I'm promised to ride the bike to Convington, Kentucky that Thursday. All I have to say is 7 WORDS!

GUESS WHO IS GOING TO THE GAP!?!?

Ehm..memememe...At least I'm going to take a nice stroll through it a few times. I don't plan on jumping on it, but I would like to ride in the mountains.

And hten it's like 5 or 6 hours to Covington.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode