Southeast Louisiana Riders - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-05-2001, 02:06 PM Thread Starter

Question Southeast Louisiana Riders

Anybody out there in the Metairie/New Orleans/Slidell/West Bank area?

Tt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-30-2001, 01:38 PM

Cool Bring it down south..

Hello, well I'm not close to your area, but I live near Lafayette & there's bikes everwhere. I'm new at motorcycles & I'm not in any rush. 01 GSX-R750
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-30-2001, 04:49 PM Thread Starter

Smile

Hola Maxima!!

Yeah, I bought my bike in Layfayette....seen several around when I cruised thru there on several occasions. I know there have to be riders in this area but I haven't been home yet to hit the bike night out on Jefferson Highway....Pit Stop on Wednesday nights....I have been told there are more than just Harleys there....lol....maybe I'll get to find out this week.

Good luck on your decision....lots to consider...but worth it!
Tracey

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-12-2001, 10:49 AM

Talking SW Louisiana

Well I am actually on the opposite side of the state, I am in Lake Charles LA. But I am always looking for new places to ride and some people to ride with.
I will be moving to New Orleans (kenner actually) around Dec. Do most guys put their bikes up for the winter in LA?
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-12-2001, 12:33 PM

Cool

Hello, High Roller; nice bike. I'm pretty new in the sportbike world myself. Just started riding about a month ago. First bike & loving it.... As for finding riders I thought it would be hard myself, but believe me everytime you'll go riding someone will stop you and offer to go riding with them. Hope you have as much fun as I am because, I don't regret it one bit on getting a sportbike....See you on the highway!!!!!
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-12-2001, 01:06 PM

Maxima,

Is there anywhere in LA that has some good twisties? I know the state is pretty much flat but any good streches of road?
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-05-2002, 05:05 AM

I live in Slidell, and work in New Orleans! I don't go out to the bike night stuff too much since the last time. A few guys got hurt because of acting stupid and I did not feel like being part of that stuff, but I do enjoy riding whenever time permits
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-05-2002, 05:15 AM Thread Starter

Hey Meanstreak,

Where do you ride?? I have made the trip to Biloxi on 90, and across the lake on 22.......but hoping there are better roads somewhere.
Any ideas??
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-05-2002, 05:36 AM

90 is one of the roads I ride as well, but ya gotta watch out for the cops. Talked my way out of a 95 in a 45 ticket a couple weeks ago.

Lately, I have not been going out too much. Of course, this weather has not helped Most of the time when I do go riding, I go with some guys who have cruisers, so it is pretty sedate. I usually go and play then wait for em! Two of my other riding buddies got thier bikes stolen this past summer, so I have no other sport bike riders to go with. I also recently bought the second bike to tinker with and with Christmas and all, time has been scarce. I have gone down to River Road near Harahan in the past (out near the spillway) and some of those roads are decent, but there are not too many good places to go nearby. Most of the backroads are attrocious and have too much gravel. You have any other places? Where do you live by the way?
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-16-2002, 12:17 PM

Heya I'm in Baton Rouge, just got a 2001 YZF600R 3 weeks ago. I got a friend on a 2002 YZF600R and another on a '96 Seca II. There's really no place around Baton Rouge to ride some twisties, but if you ride north up to St. Francisville there are plenty of roads. Now that the weather's warm we should hook up and go ridin. I just rode 4 1/2 hours this morning with a buddy around town and down River Rd. and got really sunburnt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode