Sportbike World banner

02/27/00 What is the significance of your user name?

58K views 276 replies 214 participants last post by  Cue Ball 
#1 ·
What is the significance of your user name for this forum? How did you come up with it?

For some of us, this is obvious, but I thought it would be fun to know what some of these user names really mean and why people chose the names they chose.

Mine is self explanatory. I do love to ride fast and that is my nickname for yahoo IM and ICQ too. I came up with it because my nickname in a scuba chat I used to go to was "luv2div" and it was kind of along those same lines.

------------------
Stacia - '00 CBR F4
"Objects in mirror no longer matter!"

#53 ·
Uh.. its my last name. By the way, its Muh-trahtz-oh. If you pronounce it any other way, I'll think you're a telemarketer and hang up on you.

------------------
- Dan
'99 Ducati 900SS, '00 Monster 750

[This message has been edited by Mattrazzo (edited March 29, 2000).]

#56 ·
Well, the nickname I got when racing karts in college was speed racer. Then after getting the nickname the next username I tried to enter speed_racer was too long so I used speed instead. I have been using it ever since and it is fitting 'cause I love speed in everything I do...

------------------

#59 ·
4 kids & 15,000+ miles on bicycles: 1 Santana Tandem, 1 Diamonback Apex, 1 Schwinn 579 Road Bike ; stolen - 1 Cannondale Road Bike, 1 DiamonBack RidgeRunner(?), 1 Centurion SuperTour 15. Decided its time to let dead dinosaurs do the work.

Use the handle pretty much everywhere I post up, unless I'm travelling incognito.

Grace and peace,
BD

------------------
"It came to pass..."

#61 ·
RatSalad originally started as a password at work. I needed something nobody would ever think of and it fit.

It's origin however ,and some of you old rockers may know this, is from the 1970 Black Sabbath album Paranoid(what's an album?) It's a 2 1/2 minute instrumental that really isn't very good,but I've always kinda dug the name.
Also it's damn good chinese food.

------------------
Dave
94 fzr1000

"Party on Wayne"

G
#64 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tigerblade:
Tiger=University of Missouri alumni

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've heard that UoM will let just about anyone graduate. :D

------------------
Pete
"Ultimately, most problems can be solved by applying a large brick to the correct skull. Difficulties arise when you don't have a brick or can't find the the right skull. The Devil is always in the details."

[This message has been edited by Pete (edited July 20, 2000).]

#66 ·
I was riding my SuperHawk last year when I got yanked for 125+, thank you CHP air patrol. When the cop in the ground unit finally stopped screaming at me, he said I was lucky I didn't hit something like a small bump in the road or I would have become "airborne" at that speed. And there you have it. Thank you Officer Pinhead for your second-hand contribution to my otherwise drab and boring life. By the way, I walked with just a piddly little fine on that one, and no points or even a record of it in my "permanent file". Hehehehe...

------------------
We don't know where we're going, but we're making good time!...STC

#67 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pete:
I've heard that UoM will let just about anyone graduate. :D

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I hope so Pete, I said I was alumni, not a graduate! I've got <20 hrs left I'm trying to finish soon. :eek:

"A lot of people go to college for 8 years."
"Yeah, they're called DOCTORS!" :rolleyes:

------------------
My Maserati does 185, I lost my license now I don't drive...
My Hayabusa does 186, should do 200 the Feds are such d%#$s...

#68 ·
Well, I was riding home one day shortly after getting my first bike (Honda Magna). I was on the entrance ramp to a highway and all the sudden I see a big piece of carpet spit out from underneath the car in front of me. With my MSF training fresh in my mind, I jack the bike over to the left and expertly :cool: swerve around it. But, just then a second, bigger piece of carpet is coming at me. No time to swerve and I didn't want to be leaned over when I hit it so I took it head on remembering the 2x4 from MSF :) . I hit the carpet mostly on the left side of the bike and it took out my shifter lever along with my leg.

I somehow maintain control of the bike and head for the next exit. Now my leg is hurting and I couldn't shift anyway by the looks of the lever, so I keep my speed up and then coast into a grocery store parking lot. I get off the bike to asses the situation. Lever won't move, ankle throbbing and knee hurts a little. I sit down by the road and wait for my wife (did I forget to mention, she was the one driving in front of me--DOH!! :mad: ). Well, I waited and waited for her to turn around and come see if I'm O.K. but finally I get up and hobble in the grocery store to use the pay phone. Sure enough, she's at home and worried (read-pissed) at me because she thought I was right behind her :mad: er . I had her bring me my tools and some asprin and somehow managed to beat the lever back into it's pre-carpet state. Bike and rider limping home, defeated by soccer wife.

This taught me a valuable lesson early on though...expect to find anything on the road and keep a safe distance when following cagers-especially if your married to them. :D

Anyway, after that ordeal I figured "Rug Burn" was apropriate.

------------------
Clark

#69 ·
Well I don't ride a Blackbird.

The name comes from the Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird. The fastest gas turbine aircraft ever to fly. Mach 3+. The thing can really move. At speed the fuselage gets so hot it actually stretches 11".
When Honda made the CBR1100 it was made to be the fastest thing on two wheels, and was named after the fastest thing on no wheels :)
I'm a pilot and the (SR71) Blackbird is one of the most beautiful things on this planet. That's where my nick comes from.

Always actually wanted to ride a CBR1100XX, but have been put off it by bad things I've heard about that integrated braking thing. You get into a corner, tap the rear brake, and the next thing you know, you've almost lost the front end. Still want to ride one one day though.

------------------
Dave
CBR600F3

G
#71 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dosequis:
Hi, Spanish: Dos=2 Equis=X as in XX

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did I hear someone mention beer? :D

------------------
Pete
"Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul."

#75 ·
I swear I am not a nerd but, a year or so ago I was logging onto MSN to play in the game rooms. Couldn't think of a name. I had a CD playing, Fatboy Slim. Anyone heard of him? The song Funksoulbrother was playing, and since I am Jon (no h) I made the change. I use it for everyhing now to save memory space.
My email little600@hotmail is cause my first bike, a little F2. I was comfortable with my small displacement.

------------------
If if if....
If a frog had wings, he wouldn't bump his ass every time he jumps!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.