Sportbike World banner

02/27/00 What is the significance of your user name?

58K views 276 replies 214 participants last post by  Cue Ball 
#1 ·
What is the significance of your user name for this forum? How did you come up with it?

For some of us, this is obvious, but I thought it would be fun to know what some of these user names really mean and why people chose the names they chose.

Mine is self explanatory. I do love to ride fast and that is my nickname for yahoo IM and ICQ too. I came up with it because my nickname in a scuba chat I used to go to was "luv2div" and it was kind of along those same lines.

------------------
Stacia - '00 CBR F4
"Objects in mirror no longer matter!"

G
#29 ·
Caferacer's were the 1st. sportbikes, take any 70's or 80's standard motorcycle and put on Wes Cooley Superbike bars, tiny quarter fairing, tricked out rearsets and usually a 4 into 1 Kerker pipe and wala, instant sportbike :)

At 45 with chronic arthritis I can't ride the current race replica's (RATS!), just fold me up to bad but I still like to jet around the Colorado Back roads so I'm building up a Caferacer for 2000.

BJ
Colorado

#31 ·
Long story, try to make it short.

My Harley friend's wife calls me Honda-boy. She actually calls everyone something-boy (or she did anyway).

So one day I was trying to come up with a Yahoo! id. So I tried Hondaboy, taken, CBRboy, taken, cbrf2boy, and it was mine.

I think it's a stupid name, but what can you say, it stuck. Actually it's also quite easy to type. Anyway, it's not going to make any sense at all since I'm thinking about selling the F2. It's just an issue of money and the right bike.

Maybe I'll be SVboy or Buellboy or R1boy or R6boy or 996man!!! For now I'll stick to too cheap to buy a new bike cbrf2boy.

------------------
Tony

94 CBR600F2 streetbike
88 FZR400 trackbike
e-mail:cbrf2boy@sportbikeworld.com

G
#32 ·
Squidwannabe... I choose this because when i was 16 I puchased a 1979 CB750 SS or S cute bike, weighed a ton! I wore a friggin skidoo helmet (my friend lent it to me) as i had no money,wore no gloves,sneakers and a cheap jacket, I smashed this bike in less than a week... trying to show off!!!!

So in my books i dont even qualify for the term Squid.
:)

------------------

#34 ·
This name was a quick one, no thinking involved. My wife and I just bought 2 new Suzuki's. I got the 600 Katana and she bought a new Grand Vitara 4x4. My email name is ba4rnr(BadAss 4Runner). I am pretty well known in TX and OK in the 4x4 groups. I used to do alot of hardcore 4 wheeling, but got burned out on it and freaked all my friends out and sold it last weekend and bought the Katana. Some of them think that I am joking, but I have given up the 4x4 fun and am ready to scrap knees again.

------------------
Todd Hoffmaster
2000 Katana 600

#35 ·
Not as if it really needs any explanation, but I think I'd feel left out if I didn't post....

I ride a CBR and I am a girl = CBRCHICK

I guess it came from questions like "Who's the chick on the CBR?"

My e-mail address, hondahuney @hotmail came about b/c someone already had CBRCHICK so... I choose the honda name b/c it was the tag given to me by my high school vice principal...

There ya go... ;)

Kirsty....

------------------
"No, this isn't my boyfriend's bike..."
My web site http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Street/9025

#37 ·
most people here should be able to figure it out... i love speed, in cars, on bikes, on a snowboard, on the water, u name it... if there is a way to make it go faster even if its not supposed to ill find it... a side note.. top speed isnt necassarily what im always after, it more like finding the max speed for a situation & trying to push it just a little farther than that... yes sometimes it bites me, but when it doesnt... oh god, that is my drug.

other boards & people who see my email addy think i like crystal. i have NEVER done drugs in my life, not at raves, not at parties, not in the bathroom in highschool, not even weed. i rarely even drink. adrenaline is my drug, all natural.

------------------

#41 ·
When I joined VROC(Vulcan Riders & Owners club) Some of the members "threatened" to give me a nickname. I came up with SHREDD! since I'm a guitarist and it's a term used for a fast player.

---SHREDD!
'98 SuperHawk

------------------

#42 ·
Easy! DaveyJ was my username on ICQ, and I own a '93 Ninja ZX-6....... ; )

------------------
"DaveyJZX6"
'93 Ninja ZX-6
daveyj@davey.com
God made rivers, God made lakes.. God made Harleys but we all make mistakes!

#45 ·
I'm a Dodge Viper fanatic. I saw a documentary one time about a snake called the "Pit Viper". There were hundreds of these snakes living in a big hole in the ground (a pit). When I joined a Viper message board, I made up the name. From that point on, all message boards I went to, I kept the same name. Partially so people would know me from different boards, but mainly so I didn't have to remember more than one user name! :p

------------------

#46 ·
Ever had someone comment on "I wouldn't drive one of those MurderCycles!".... well who the heck kills someone else on their bike??? Nope, we are only endangering our own lives... so Suicycler makes more sense. Although I must have been "lucky", so far I haven't been able to live up to my name (driving for 8 years too!)

Strangely I haven't seen it used anywhere else. :)

------------------

#48 ·
This is my name on the other forum I frequent. Has a lot to do with Corvettes being fast, and made from glass (fiberglass). Well, the older ones at least. It's easy to remember who I am using the same name.

------------------
Eric
1993 Suzuki GSX750F
1987 Corvette Conv.
1967 Firebird
1999 Ram Quad cab 4x4

#50 ·
I got my name by joking around alot with my friends. Then again maybe they just thought I was a fool...... hey wait a minute!! :mad:

------------------
Sanity has it's place... just not here!!

99 VFR800 Fresno, CA

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.