Idaho Sportbikers! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-24-2001, 10:57 PM Thread Starter

Talking

Hey all you Idaho Sportbikers!! The club last year formally known as "Velocity" has changed names to "Idaho Sportbikes", apparently their first meeting is March 7th at 7:00 pm at Idaho Pizza Company on Fairview east of Cole. Supposedly it's a good group to ride with.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-28-2001, 03:39 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by FunkeeMunkee
Hey all you Idaho Sportbikers!! The club last year formally known as "Velocity" has changed names to "Idaho Sportbikes", apparently their first meeting is March 7th at 7:00 pm at Idaho Pizza Company on Fairview east of Cole. Supposedly it's a good group to ride with.

Are you going to this meeting? I can't make it because I'm in ketchum. I'm curious though. If you go to the meeting, please let me know what you think. If it's a club with some serious riders I might want to check it out. If you ride with a group of sportbikes on a spirited ride, (so to speak) everybody better be thinking and have some sense concerning speed, distance between riders, etc, and understand the other persons ability. Thngs can get out of hand awfully fast! About 5 years ago I was heading to ketchum through Idaho city from Boise and I came up on a rider who had launched his bike ( a ZX-6R as a matter of fact) into the creek! He was riding with a group of guys from Big Boyz Toyz it looked like. An ambulance showed up as I got there. Some of the riders had turned around and were coming back to the site. The rider appeared to be okay, but I didn't get all the details. I'm not quite sure why he ran off, but I can speculate that he was a new rider who was trying to keep up with some experienced riders and could'nt make the corner. Those darn survival reactions you know. Probably braked and stood the bike up. Well, don't want to go on and on. If you go to the meeting, let me know what you think. I might be up there the following weekend with my bike (trailered of course). I'll be bringing it to Carl's on Saturday morning the 10th if everything works out the way I expect. Maybe see you there.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-28-2001, 04:33 PM Thread Starter

If it's a squid convention...I'm outta there...Boise sure has it's fair share of them. If it doesn't work out...I'll start my own gang. Like that Harley Gang running around..."Brutha Speed". Fookin' wankers.

If you'll be down at Carl's I might stop in give Lynn some crap...My tail section has a dent in the plastic...and nobody has ridden on the back of it...I'm a little pissed. I'm thinking it came with the bike.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-28-2001, 08:32 PM Thread Starter

Hey if you want to do some serious riding this summer...late June early July, I'm heading to Parry Sound, Ontario Canada if all goes according to plan. Parry Sound from what I have seen and heard is absolutely gorgeous. LOTS of great roads.

Anyways, there will be several of us there. Basically Esportbike.com's Gorilla riders will be there. If you want to go...I'm pulling a Uhaul trailer up there. I've calculated it out to be a 42 hour trip or 2300 miles.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2001, 04:23 PM

Thanks alot for the invite. I really appreciate that. I really don't know if I could make it or not, but I really appreciate the thought. I have already planned out two track day trips for the summer. Going to Leguna Seca the end of April, and to PIR in Portland in September. Hope to meet you at Carl's next weekend.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-01-2002, 02:19 PM

hey im here in idaho and know a bunch more of us im probably the youngest at 19 and the other guys are all 24 to 34 somewhere in there ill try to get them on here i live like 2 min from carls below quail ridge pm for a get together some time
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-18-2002, 08:29 AM
UFO

Quote:
Originally posted by FunkeeMunkee
If it's a squid convention...I'm outta there...Boise sure has it's fair share of them.
Got that right. Last time I rode through there just this last summer all I saw were helmetless squids and Harleys. And here's my wife and I passing through town coming from Glacier totally geared out in 105 degrees. I'm sure they looked at us and thought we were the stupid ones. But of course they probably never leave the city limits on their bikes anyway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode