Hello? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 11:58 AM Thread Starter

Hello?

Looking to meet people in the Seattle area. Let's have a real roll call.

Rob M. '02 SV with 250 miles on it, put 10,000+ on my last '02 SV.

next?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-27-2002, 06:34 AM
jrm

Jef in Ballard. 20k on CBR600 which was [email protected]#!ng stolen by some bastard on Sunday night!

Ronin--I have 4 weeks to wait to see if police find bike before insurance will write any check. I loved my CBR and would replace it with another in a heartbeat, but the SV's catch my eye, too. I'd be interested in your giving me your pitch for them if you like. They look fun and many people around here ride/race them, but the ONE I rode several years ago, didn't seem that inspiring. Shoot me some mail at [email protected] if you choose.

Anyone else want to meet up at Seattle Motorcycle Show on Sunday, December 15th? Maybe head over to Pyramid Brewery afterward for drinks/dinner? I am already working on getting a group of friends together for just that. I surely wouldn't mind meeting more folks from the area. AGain, email me if you want to join up.

Jef at BikeSport
[email protected]
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-27-2002, 03:56 PM Thread Starter

stolen?

That really sucks. What chance is there of finding the bike? Probably not good huh? Well if you loved the CBR get another one. I haven't ridden a CBR, so I don;t know how to compare an SV with a CBR. I love my SV, it's a fun, light, flickable little bike that has great power for it's size. Only drawback it the suspension.

My buddies and I are going to the bike show, so it would be cool to meet up with you and your friends. We can make plans as the 15th approaches.

Damn this cold weather...

~R

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 01:32 AM

Howdy!

Rob Hill
Tacoma WA

1999 Honda VTR 1000

My club (Washington Sport Riders) will be attending the show on Dec. 15th Look for the guys in black t-shirts with a yellow diamond road sign w/ "wSr" on it (the "s" being curves) For any interested, we also host Two Wheel Tuesday every week at BB McGraws restraunt in Auburn. Anyone is welcome, it is very informal, just a chance to hang out, get discounts on food, and watch speed tv.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-12-2003, 07:55 PM
jrm

Ronin-- Sorry I did not check this sooner, like a month ago...

Police never found my CBR, which is fine. State Farm hosed me like all the other good insurance stories here said. I feel they were off by 20% in what they offered. Only good thing is my $20/month insurance payment X the 40-ish months I have had it= only $800 I have paid them to get a $5000 check. Oh well.

Was considering F4i, 954, SV 650, Superhawk, 600R and FZ1 for new bikes. Looked at all during the show with my wife to sit on passenger seat and we chose the 600R--as close as one can find to an F3 in a 2003 model. Have 400 miles on it so far. Lots of cool bikes out there, but I conservatively stuck with a design that I knew worked well for me.

I also say we meet up some tuesday with Fasthawk down in Auburn. I believe I know where the restaurant is--just SE of Emerald Downs. Email me if you want to go.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-12-2003, 11:17 PM

Bummer about the old bike- but Hey! Congrats on the new purchase! You got the location right for BB McGraws, it is on 15th ST a hair south and east of Emerlad downs. Hope to c-ya there. We sit in the SW corner, that is slightly raised. I am a big guy, goatee and glasses w/ a slight blue tint.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-14-2003, 04:39 PM
jrm

not so much a reply as a test...

Just wanted to try to post a picture and see how it showed up. Wont be able to join you tonight. What times do you normally hang out there on Tuesdays? Do they have TV's you can see good? Are folks watching intently or just BS'ing and having fun?

Ok, here SHOULD be a pic of my bike with one mile on it.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-14-2003, 04:41 PM
jrm

Yeah!

Now check out the reflective stuff on my suit! Is this totally space-man or what?

Hard not to look like a dork when you are so excited about new bike...sorry.

I will stop now.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-28-2003, 10:50 PM

New guy.

Hey all;
Im Chris. Im in silverdale and do alot of runs out here. Just looking for people with same interests. Mainly sportbikes.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-04-2003, 11:22 AM

Cool Anyone north of Everett?????????

Just wondering if anyone north of Everett ever looks at this site??
Anyone interested in doing any rides,if so??

Laters;

Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode