The expense of high speed landscaping - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-30-2002, 07:06 PM Thread Starter

Angry The expense of high speed landscaping

So, some of you might have seen the thread on SBN before it shut down. The estimate to fix the bike came in at $8700. Ouch...labor costs a lot.

So, the insurance adjuster called me today and offered me $5900 for the bike Talk about asking me to grab my ankles I complained and they said they're going run an exception report (not sure what that is). We'll see what they come back with tomorrow

So...the question I posted was RC51 or Aprilia Mille RSV? Anyone in the PNW have an opinion?

I need to get out and ride both (first I have to be able to ride ), but I'm interested in what others think.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-30-2002, 07:11 PM

I would go for the RC51 unless you got the $$ and a aprilia dealer nearby. From what I understand they get expensive to maintain.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-30-2002, 07:19 PM Thread Starter

I can pick up an '02 RC51 for about the same as an '02 Mille. I've been a loyal Honda man for 12 years, so making the jump to an eyetalian bike is not an easy decision.

One of my friends rides a Falco and really likes it. He was an inline 4 guy for years and just switched to a twin last year. I'm thinking I'll make the same jump (to a twin, not necessarily the Aprilia).

Thanks for the input

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-30-2002, 10:30 PM

I've never ridden either 'B' but I have sat on both and the Aprilia fit me much better as a bigger guy. I prefer a larger bike. Both bikes seem like sweet rides but the aprilia imo is like a cadillac and the rc51 is a decked out accord. (not hating on rc's cause i love 'em)

i prefer all the bells and whistles on the aprilia and i think if i could get a similar deal on both i'd definately go 'eye'taliano

ask Ty what he thinks
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-01-2002, 12:26 AM

Another Option....

Here's another interesting Euro Liter Twin:

http://www1.ktm.com.au/pages/newsView.asp?NEWSID=27

A little out of your segment, but I think it's cool

--Bill

Only 8 more post before I can get my Avatar back...
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-01-2002, 06:23 AM

Hey Liv

Glad you made it in here too. Now we need Cyd in here!
Welcome
Good luck on your next bike, whatever you go with.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-01-2002, 08:46 AM

I vote for the Hon-Duh.... because it's got that ugly nose =) So has anyone who's ridden one actually posted yet? lol
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-01-2002, 09:01 AM

I was faced with the same decision a month ago. I went with the RC-51 for parts availabilty and proven reliability. Not to mention cheaper insurance. While I feel that the Mille is one of the sexiest rides in existance, I'm not in the least bit sorry about my decision. I haven't had the opportunity to ride the Aprilia, but the RC-51 handles like nothing I've ever ridden!
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-01-2002, 10:15 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Mojo
I was faced with the same decision a month ago. I went with the RC-51 for parts availabilty and proven reliability. Not to mention cheaper insurance.
Thanks for your input, Mojo. Parts availability and proven reliability are a couple of the reasons I'm thinking about sticking with Honda. I love the idea of the Mille, but breaking my loyalty to a bike that's always been great is tough.

A couple more questions:

1. Did you ride an inline 4 before the RC51? If so...let me know what you think about the difference in power delivery.

2. What was the difference in insurance costs (if you don't mind me asking)?
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-01-2002, 10:21 AM Thread Starter

Re: Another Option....

Quote:
Originally posted by bigbill25
Here's another interesting Euro Liter Twin:
A little out of your segment, but I think it's cool

--Bill

Only 8 more post before I can get my Avatar back...
I thought you were going to try that out and let me ride it once you had one

I'm all for dual sport...but I need to get a street bike first
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode