So where can I ride fast and not get caught? - Page 2 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-09-2002, 01:22 PM Thread Starter

Speeding in the carpool lane.

Yeah I hear you about speeding in the carpool lane. Been nailed twice for speeding on my way to work in the carpool lane. Thank god for good lawyers.

So now I don't speed as much in rush hour traffic and keep my high speed runs out in the middle of nowhere.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-09-2002, 08:22 PM

Just watch out for deer and the occassional streeker.
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-10-2002, 11:46 PM

Krsteen, get a race license. If you want straight line speed, then get a race license in OR and race at PIR. It has a longer straight than Pacific Raceway, and a back straight if you don't get enough on the front (but it is shorter than the front). In any event, that was how I got the speed out of my system until I stopped racing.

If that is just not to your liking, then I suggest not speeding in your own backyard, at least that is my cardinal rule. I speed some, but not around where I live or commute.

The best areas I have been on for going fast is central OR, thru Wheeler County and the counties going south from there. I have been on every road in central OR that is on the official state map. There are straights that go for 10-16 miles, if that is what you want. You still got critters to contend with, and some of it is open range so the critters could be big. Wheeler County has 1500 people in the whole county, so there are not many law enforcement personnel, and you will find similar situations in other adjacent counties. I also love this part of the world as far as just being there, more than any other area. It is beautiful country with lots of wonderful people living there. I can't seem to stay away from that part of the U.S.

Ride to The Dalles for your first day, then ride down to John Day or Dayville (there is a nice bed and breakfast there), then you can ride in many directions for days. There are routes to Hermiston, Burns, and Lakeview, all with lonesome stretches of highway. But you have to have some days to do it.

Sorry it is far away. I suggest the race license if you cannot travel to beautiful Central Oregon or just accept that you have to go the speed limit around King County, Sno. County and Pierce County. There are the Chuckanut Flats (Skagit/Whatcom Counties), but that does get radared and if you get caught, a reckless driving ticket (what you get for going way fast) will result in your license being suspended.

That race license is looking better all the time, huh?

Fuster

"...If you can meet with triumph and disaster, and treat those two imposters the same....you'll be a Man, my Son!"

- Rudyard Kipling

post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-22-2002, 08:42 PM

If you want to come clear up to b'ham theres a lot of places, at night theres even more

however top speed on our bikes stock is in 5th and can be reached pretty quick
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-30-2002, 11:58 AM

krsteen,

If your looking for a close fun ride, check out some of the roads near Duval and Fall City. There is a good mix of tight twisties and long straight shots where we have hit speeds well over 150. As you may already know, the area is mostly farm land so there isn't the congestion and cross-streets to deal with, making high-speed runs easier and safer (not sure if high-speed and safe belong in the same sentence?). You may see a cop, but then again it's not as likely as on I-405, and at 150, well he's gotta catch ya. Cheers...
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-10-2003, 02:48 PM

I love to go very fast also but I make my living driving truck and CAN NOT afford to get tickets, would lose CDL. I do as some said short brust of speed and then back out of it for a little while and then do it again. Been thinking about track time?
Bob.
post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 12:57 PM

I live in Marysville and know a number of good roads around here.

However if you want to do top speed runs... get yourself EAST of the mountains. Too much traffic and too many cops over here.

Oh, and by "EAST of the mountains"I mean the track at SPOKANE.. the one with the longest straight on a closed circuit in north america. The racers on the open class bikes hit 190.... so I think you can top out your 900rr..... if you ride very well
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-22-2004, 04:39 PM

if you feel like heading east, on the way to pullman there is a straight on highway 26 that i swear must be about 10 miles long.

goto mapquest and search for "Hatton, Wa" youll see

Last edited by r6HereICome; 08-22-2004 at 04:42 PM.
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-30-2004, 10:46 PM

go to Germany dude.........you can have all the fast your right hand can grab. Pick your favorite stretch of isolated autobahn or the baddest 2 lane country road you can find. Its like track day except you don't have to stay on the track. All you have to worry about is survival.........Germans don't play with bullshot speed limits and even when they do post them there won't be a polizei within 50 kilometers. Have fun and lay off the bier until the bike is back in drydock.
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006, 12:43 AM

Angry

Some people don't even stop for cops. I had a sneaky cop in an unmarked SUV thank me for pulling over. I guess when you're on a rocket, they assume you'll run away or something.

Oh and that cop ticketed me for $250.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode