PNW Meet: Who's Going And Where Will You Join the Ride?? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-14-2002, 02:14 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up PNW Meet: Who's Going And Where Will You Join the Ride??

Okay,folks we are down to about two weeks before the "Ride".
Who is planning on being there and at what City will you join up??
Let's now say a silent prayer that the fickle Pacific NorthWest area weather gods will smile on our little affair,(and the forest fires will be put out by then too!)

JIM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-14-2002, 10:12 PM

Thumbs up

I`ll be coming down and meeting at the Denny`s in Monroe on saturday(july 27) around 10am.(I may even come earlier and have some brekky,before the rest of the gang shows up).

ken
post #3 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-14-2002, 11:11 PM

Monroe, WA at Denny's, I think we said 11? Early if you want to eat first. Right?

Fuster

"...If you can meet with triumph and disaster, and treat those two imposters the same....you'll be a Man, my Son!"

- Rudyard Kipling

post #4 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-15-2002, 05:11 PM Thread Starter

Cool Short Schedule Summary!!

Quote:
Originally posted by fuster
Monroe, WA at Denny's, I think we said 11? Early if you want to eat first. Right?
Sounds like a plan to me!!
BTW the address that was provided was: "18824 State Route 2,Monroe,Wash.,on the south side of the highway.", the date for this is July 27th.10AM for those that want to eat and 11AM for the non-eaters.
The next place to meet will be in Yakima,Wash. at the Red Lion Motel,located at 818 North First Street,again July 27th. Try to be there as close to 3pm as you can and also as close to the lobby as you can park.
The last chance to meet will be around one o'clock,in Kelso,Wash.July 28th. This will be the toughest one to make the time schedule work to get in from Yakima,so bear with us here!!
Located on the east side of I-5,at 510 Kelso Drive. Again near the lobby as we can get. We will try to depart around 2pm.
Okay,folks,that's it in a nutshell!!
Post yer questions here or email me!!

JIM

JIM
post #5 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-15-2002, 07:10 PM

I will be wearing a John Kocinski replica Arai (with the eagle) and a Kushitani black two piece Dragon suit with a "regulation" Strategic Air Command 12 inch patch on the back (from the Cold War), assuming it gets here from CA, or I will let you know otherwise.

I am coming for breakfast. Gotta have fuel.

Fuster

"...If you can meet with triumph and disaster, and treat those two imposters the same....you'll be a Man, my Son!"

- Rudyard Kipling
post #6 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-16-2002, 12:17 AM

Smile

I`ll be wearing my Belstaff Avalon yellow/black textile jacket and my obnoxious yellow TLR shouldn`t be hard to find .I`ll see you there,Fuster as I will be eating too.

ken
post #7 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-16-2002, 04:14 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by auger
I`ll be wearing my Belstaff Avalon yellow/black textile jacket and my obnoxious yellow TLR shouldn`t be hard to find .I`ll see you there,Fuster as I will be eating too.

ken
Cool!!
Ken and Fuster glad you will be there!! Have the coffee ready!!

JIM
post #8 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-16-2002, 10:41 AM

Question

Jim,just to get an idea of gas prices,would an average of $1.80/gallon for premium be out of line,along our route?.

ken
post #9 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-16-2002, 04:40 PM Thread Starter

FUEL MILEAGES AND STOPS,ETC!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by auger
Jim,just to get an idea of gas prices,would an average of $1.80/gallon for premium be out of line,along our route?.

ken
Hey Ken,I'm thinking that is a pretty good average price. It really can vary especially if you get into a smaller out of the way type of burg. It will be higher there for sure!!
We should gas up in Monroe and then again in Yakima. The next part is gonna be a bit tougher to do. I generally try to stop every two hours to get gas and stretch a bit,(& visit mom nature if needed!!). That computes to around 100 miles,more or less. Other wise on long trips where the next gas is a question I start short shifting and watching my map and gas gage. I feel we should stop next In Goldendale. Next stop should be Stevenson. These are both county seats and SHOULD have gas for sale??!!(Maybe some computer guru can varify if gas is available at these stops,please??!!)Vancouver,Wash. should be next and after that we should be able to make Kelso.
I get about 47MPG with mine,I suppose that will be low to average for most folks.
We should further discuss this in Yakima or Monroe.
Also if some one wants to take a stop along the way for photos,or whatever we need to figure out a method to do this without endangering someone at the tail end who feels the urge to catch the leader to tell him to stop or who drops off at the rear of the pack to take photos or something and then hauls a$$ to catch back up!!
Boy I wish I had some radios for this!!
Ken or anyone have thoughts on this??
Thanks for all the suggestions and help folks!!

JIM
post #10 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-16-2002, 05:14 PM

If we get gas right off the interstate or state route, I am sure they will charge a lot, but with a motorcycle it won't hurt so bad.

Fuster

- Rudyard Kipling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode