Seattle Area Short Rides - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-17-2002, 04:58 PM Thread Starter

Seattle Area Short Rides

Guys I'm new to this forum and wanted to see where the most of you hang out. I've been on a couple of long rides like the one you have planned to Yakima and such. But on my R1, it's tough. So where do you guys hang out. I was at Alki beach this week and I saw a lot of fellow biking bros.

JoeRocket[R1]
Go Joe!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-18-2002, 12:31 PM

Welcome to SBW. The dudes that hang out at Alki are the types I tend to avoid personally... standing around staring at each other's bikes, hoping some hot chick will stop and say hi. Then they all mob her at once. You try talking to them about their bikes and you get one of those Beavis and Butthead stares... blink blink, nothing registers. For short rides, try Greenlake/Freemont. There is more to do up there once you're off the bike and the ride around the lake is a refreshing change of pace. Kirkland waterfront is a waste of time anymore... too many people and nothing to do there. You should join the guys over to Yakima. Even on an R1 the ride should be reasonably comfortable. There are plenty of places to stop and rest the arms and back if need be. Glad you could join the family. See ya.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-20-2002, 01:44 PM

Smile Welcome!!!

Hey Joe Rocket welcome to our little PNW forum!!
I would take what Diane says about Alki and the rest to be gospel.
If you ever get the urge to ride up to Whidbey Island or this area give me a shout. I am hoping to get out Saturday for a bit of a buzz around, the forcasters are predicting some sun,I hope they are right!!

Laters;

JIM

You don't stop riding because you get old;You get old because you stop riding!!

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-21-2002, 12:58 AM

I live in Fremont, and there's not a hell of a lot to do over here. My favorite "short" ride is out to the Snoqualmie Valley via Maltby. Some great twisties and usually a few other riders around.

I also like the run to Port Townsend. Plenty of decent tarmac and if you time it right traffic isn't usually a nightmare.

When I just want to ride for half an hour or so I go to Golden Gardens via Shilshole, and up over the top to 85th.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-21-2002, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ramjet
I live in Fremont, and there's not a hell of a lot to do over here. My favorite "short" ride is out to the Snoqualmie Valley via Maltby. Some great twisties and usually a few other riders around.

Oh yeah, forgot all about that road. Good pick.

You probably don't think there's anything to do in Freemont/Greenlake cause you live there. No one ever wants to hang out where they live... that greener grass theory.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-25-2002, 12:14 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info guys. Maybe we can all hook up sometime. I like going to Black Diamond - Flaming Geiser State Park is a nice ride as well.

JoeRocket[R1]
Go Joe!!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-25-2002, 03:48 AM

Two Wheel Tuesdays

Welcome!

Check out 2-wheel Tuesdays (held every week) at BB McGraws restaraunt in Auburn (on 15th St between Emerald Downs and Auburn Way). It is hosted by Washington Sport Riders. A responsible motorcycle club. You get a 15% food discount just for showing up. If you join WSR, we do local rides (about 2 per month) as well as regular track days. Many members also race. All skill levels welcome, though a pre-qualifying ride must be done. Speed is not an issue, just wanna make sure everyone can old a line! Hope to C-Ya there. Ask for Rob, Larry, or judd!

FastHawk
If you're not living on the edge- you're taking up too much space!
---
http://washingtonsportriders.com
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-25-2002, 06:41 PM
jrm

There are actually quite a few folks from Seattle on this board. I arranged a dinner a few weeks ago and met a couple new guys at the Ranch Drive In in Bothell. We decided to meet up again at the July 3rd Vintage Moto Enthusiast meeting at Teddy's on Roosevelt near the U-district. I will be posting details of this separately.

Good rides are easy to find. Golden Gardens is nice scenery. Snoqualmie Falls/Valley/West Valley Hwy are GREAT rides close by. Stevens Pass to Lk Wenatchee or Leavenworth. Around Mt Rainier or up to St Helens. Over to Pt Townsend or up and down Whidbey Island. Mercer Island is also good for a quick romp in the low mph twisties some evening. Out to Pacific Raceway is good as well.

Email if you want to join for a ride sometime. Wouldn't mind riding with responsible folks at all. [email protected]

Jef
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-20-2011, 07:31 AM

okay you look where the most bikers running in this forum, if i answer then everywhere we can find. okay I would like to share if anyone most likely to have shorter ride then this is something for them to read and take benefits from; if you are the biker who loves to go for short rides on pleasant days then you would find this bike interesting. Harley-Davidson XL1200X Sportster48 is the bike we are talking about with Motorcycle Jackets and Motorcycle Gear. Its worth is approx 7,990 and you might be interested in spending this much if you really have a passion for riding old styled bikes. It has got the styling as that of the fifties with a fuel tank that holds nearly 1.75 gallons.

There is no passenger seat and it is meant exclusively for real adventures of the bikers with Motorcycle Helmets. The driver seat on this bike is lowered to the extent that the bikers' having average height nearly have to fold themselves to drive it. Even the mirrors are so placed that you have to really adjust your arms to see through them. Moreover, the designing of this bike is such that some internal cables and wires are apparent outside.

All in all this bike is useful if you want to have it for local rides on a cool summer evening. It has a power / torque of 72 lb @ 3.2300 rpm. It offers a top speed of 110 mph approximately. With the fuel tank capacity of 1.75 gallons it gives an average of 85 miles. So if you are having a short height and intend to go on shorter rides, then go and grab this bike!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-22-2016, 02:48 PM

Bumping this thread! My situation is eerily similar to JoeRocket [R1]'s and looking for more information.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode