Any people around the Kirkland-Seattle-Redmond (WA) area? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-06-2002, 07:51 PM Thread Starter

Any people around the Kirkland-Seattle-Redmond (WA) area?

I just got a CBR900 and am looking for some people to ride with. In the process of trying to talk friends into getting bikes but until then I've been goin solo.

Anyhow if theres a group that gets togeather on weekends or whatever or a place where people usually hang out let me know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-06-2002, 09:40 PM

Head over to the PACNORWEST section. I think there's a little ride planned for this summer, plus there are always people looking to ride.

It doesn't have to be fun to be "fun".
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-07-2002, 06:02 AM

you looking for riding buddies?

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-07-2002, 12:14 PM Thread Starter

Yep

Yep, so far none of my friends have bikes. I used to ride a ton as a kid and finally scratched the itch I've had for a few years and bought a street bike.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-07-2002, 05:41 PM

Well if you're not suffering from a big case of the squids, I'll extend an open invite for you to ride with my buddies and I. The group I ride with are pretty eclectic. Darin Rides a '88 Honda Hawk, Doug rides a '73 BMW, and I ride an SV650. We do mostly day trips, semi-sporty riding, but nothing squidly. No wheelies, stoppies. And the occasional weekend camping trip. Darin's girlfriend usually comes, and we have two others that on rare occasions ride with us. Kerry is on a '01 Goldwing, and Lance is trying to get his bike working for the summer. Most of us are in North Seattle. Let me know if you are interested.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-08-2002, 10:14 AM

You guys get down in the Tacoma area much? I've got an SV and am looking for some nice guys to hang with. I usually ride by myself, because I don't want to get in with a bunch of guys with egos. I just like to cruise and take the twisties.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-08-2002, 05:27 PM
jrm

dinner ride?

My wife and I have occasionally gotten a group of friends together to ride to some restaurant and eat dinner. Maybe we could pick a night and all meet up. I met some folks a few years back over SBW and rode to SIR to watch races. Wouldn't have to be any big deal the first time, just get together and introduce ourselves to each other.

I am over in Ballard. Any night next week would work for me. You guys ever do any gokart racing? Might be another good place to meet up.

Places I have found amenable to bikes and small groups are Blue Star Cafe in Wallingford, Triangle Tavern in Fremont and Jalisco in Kirkland.

I will volunteer to coordinate dinner effort. Email me at [email protected]

Jef
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-08-2002, 05:46 PM

I'm game, name the night and the place...
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-09-2002, 08:20 PM
jrm

the game plan

Ok, How about this for a plan

Wednesday night, June 12, 7-7:30pm-ish
"The Ranch Drive In" place in Bothell, WA
18218 Bothell Way NE 425-486-2677

Ranch is one block North of main light in Bothell where 527 meets 522. Should be a cheap, easy to find, midpoint for all of us. Supposed to be nice weather, too.

I will invite a bunch of my riding friends and suggest you guys do the same.

contact me at [email protected] if you like

Jef
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode