Northwesterner - new to the list - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-31-2002, 07:28 AM Thread Starter

Northwesterner - new to the list

Howdy guys and gals.
Just wanted to let you know that I've discovered this site and live in the PNW, although I live in a suburb of Portland called SPRINGFIELD. Sorry. Some folks think that Oregon is made up of Portland and the coast.

Anyway, I'm glad the sun is finally shining on a weekend and am looking forward to another great riding season.

I'm forty-something with a great wife who loves to pilot her own bike and we love riding in the GREAT Pacific Northwest.

Hope to meet some of you someday. If there's a way to find out about rides (organized or not) please let me know.

If you're ever in the Eugene / Springfield area and want to ride, or need some help (I have a trailer and tools) let me know.

Brian Nobles
Springfield, OR
'99 Concours - Purple Floyd
COG #5188
'01 ZRX1200R - Rex
ZRXOA #3525
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-31-2002, 07:48 AM

Welcome Brian, good to see another Oregonian here.

Who you kidding Springfield is a suburb of Eugene not Portland, lol.

Have you ever attended any of the Rose City Motorcycle Clubs rides? It's a club made up mostly of touring bikes and the like but they don't discriminate. They have a ride next Sunday, the Rose City 250 there's a meet of sportriders the day before at Beaverton Honda. If your intrested in some of the RCMC rides check here: www.rose-city-mc.org
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-31-2002, 07:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Moto24
Welcome Brian, good to see another Oregonian here.

Who you kidding Springfield is a suburb of Eugene not Portland, lol.

Have you ever attended any of the Rose City Motorcycle Clubs rides? It's a club made up mostly of touring bikes and the like but they don't discriminate. They have a ride next Sunday, the Rose City 250 there's a meet of sportriders the day before at Beaverton Honda. If your intrested in some of the RCMC rides check here: www.rose-city-mc.org
Thanks for turning me on to the website! I'll give it a thorough reading.
Sunday morning rides are usually a bummer for me 'cause of church, but Saturday rides rock.
How can I find out more about when the sportiders are heading out (not just next Saturday but whenever...)??

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-31-2002, 12:30 PM

Smile

HIya!!
I lived in Orygun for about eleven years and still get down there a couple times a year,be it car or bike!!
Maybe you and the wife can join this group here for the ride up Mount St. Helens!!??

JIM
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-01-2002, 03:42 PM

Hello, and welcome. I live in WA but it's STILL considered a suburb of Portland. Look forward to hooking up. In about six weeks when the cast comes off......
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-01-2002, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Birdman
Hello, and welcome. I live in WA but it's STILL considered a suburb of Portland. Look forward to hooking up. In about six weeks when the cast comes off......
Ouch! you didn't go down did ya? Heal up, the suns breakin out

Btw Birdman as I stated above there's a local sportbike meeting at Beaverton Honda next Saturday between 5:00 and 7:00pm, I've never attended it, heard from another local on SBN. You might check over at Pro Caliber, I think someone said they would have flyers there.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-03-2002, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Moto24

Ouch! you didn't go down did ya? Heal up, the suns breakin out

Btw Birdman as I stated above there's a local sportbike meeting at Beaverton Honda next Saturday between 5:00 and 7:00pm, I've never attended it, heard from another local on SBN. You might check over at Pro Caliber, I think someone said they would have flyers there.
Yeah I highsided in some gravel on an onramp to 205. Bike's not bad because it didn't tumble....except it broke a piece off of the lower crankcase under the alternator cover . I'm still waiting for the estimate. I'm going to be so pissed if that one little chunk totals it because the rest is just upper and mid fairing, barend weight, clutch lever, alternator cover, footpeg and bracket, and turnsignals. The big mystery is the mirror because it barely has a scratch on it. I'll put some pics in my gallery..... I should be back by mid may or so.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-03-2002, 02:28 PM

Cool

Welcome to our little corner of the world. As Jim mentioned you could join the ride this July. All of the details are in here... somewhere. My grandmother lives down in Milwaukie(sp). Of course I'll never show up on her doorstep with a sportbike unless I have a death wish. I will be cruising up and down I-5 often, once I do get my own street toy. I'll keep you in mind when I'm heading out to Bend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode