Update on SBW PNW Meet!!!!!! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 143 (permalink) Old 02-04-2002, 01:08 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Update on SBW PNW Meet!!!!!!

Okay folks... I have my reservations made in Yakima for July 27th at the Red Lion and in Kelso for the 28th,also at the Red Lion.
Has anybody made theirs??
Yeah haw,I'm starting to get excited now!!!

JIM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 143 (permalink) Old 02-05-2002, 03:39 AM

Meet? What meet?......Just kidding! Great idea to start a new thread on this. I don't think anybody would read through the entire old one. I haven't made my reservations yet but I will be shortly. Hopefully, I'll have photo's and video of Laguna to share......
post #3 of 143 (permalink) Old 02-05-2002, 04:53 AM

Thumbs up SBW PNW meet!

I`ve taken a week before the 27th and a week after but have not booked any motels,yet.Jim,how much is the Red Lion?,do they have a pool and/or a hot tub?.I hope Diane will make it..............ken.

post #4 of 143 (permalink) Old 02-05-2002, 03:07 PM Thread Starter

Arrow

Well I can't find my notes but I think it was about $80.00.
1-509-453-0391.
Kelso I think was about the same. Rotten little notes that can run and hide whan I need to look at them!!

JIM
post #5 of 143 (permalink) Old 02-08-2002, 06:06 AM

Thumbs up SBW PNW meet!

Red Lion(Yakima)818 N 1st St(I-82 exit 31 1.2 miles south),58 units, has a outdoor heated pool.One person rate is $71.00,they also have a valet laundry?????.I`m looking at the Sun Country Inn 1700 N 1st St(I-82,exit 31 just south),71 units,( it says it is just south of the freeway so I`m assuming that the Red Lion is 9 blocks south of Sun Country Inn),$45.00-51.00 for one person,heated pool and sauna,coin laundry.
Kelso-Red Lion(510 Kelso Dr I-5 exit 39,0.3 mile SE),$49.00-$89.00/one person,heated pool,whirlpool,restaurant on site,valet laundry???.Best Western Aladdin 310 Long Avenue(west end of Cowlitz bridge),$69.00/one person,heated pool,whirlpool,laundry.I`m getting all this info from the Triple A motel guide.............ken.
post #6 of 143 (permalink) Old 02-08-2002, 01:19 PM Thread Starter

Hey Ken,thanks.
I appreciate the info.
I have stayed at the Red Lions before and I like the accommodations they have. It may cost a bit more but hey,it's my vacation so I guess I will splurge a bit!!(ie: nice bar and eatery.)
There is also a mall within walking distance in Kelso and a nearby grocery,drug store and a Mac D's too,etc....
Let me know what you turn up......
Should we,who are north of Seattle meet somewhere to go over Stevens Pass,(or the North Cascades Hwy.)Or over I-90???
I dislike I-90 because of having to get involved in the metro heavy traffic to get to Snoqualmie Pass.

JIM
post #7 of 143 (permalink) Old 02-08-2002, 07:16 PM

Thumbs up SBW PNW meet

Hey,riding across Stevens Pass sounds OK to me,maybe meet in Monroe some place about 11am or noon on the saturday?.Or earlier which would give us time to BS along the way,probably the earliest I could make Monroe would be around 10am.I totally agree with you on I-90,interstates are only good for making time..................ken.
post #8 of 143 (permalink) Old 02-09-2002, 07:44 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Re: SBW PNW meet

Quote:
Originally posted by auger
Hey,riding across Stevens Pass sounds OK to me,maybe meet in Monroe some place about 11am or noon on the saturday?.Or earlier which would give us time to BS along the way,probably the earliest I could make Monroe would be around 10am.I totally agree with you on I-90,interstates are only good for making time..................ken.
...or we could meet in the Mount Vernon area and take Highway 9 down to Monroe. Anywho whatever we figure out we can double check the details as we get close to the date!!

JIM
post #9 of 143 (permalink) Old 02-10-2002, 05:49 PM

Sounds great ! I'm looking forward to it. Meeting in Monroe and going over Steven's Pass works great for me as I only live 20 min from Monroe.

I probably won't make my reservations for a couple months yet. July still seems a long ways off yet.
post #10 of 143 (permalink) Old 02-11-2002, 06:45 AM

Unhappy

Sorry Auger and fellow Pac Northwesterners. As it stands for now, it doesn't look like I'll be attending. I have a bike I could borrow, but a few other things would have to fall into place for me to make it. I will keep you posted and the second I find out that I can go, I'm making my res at the Red Lion. I'm going to treat myself the RIGHT way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode