"Renting" Spokane racetrack? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-07-2001, 11:11 PM Thread Starter

"Renting" Spokane racetrack?

I heard a rumour that Spokane International Raceway could be rented for the day. Can anyone confirm this? If so, possible meet next summer? PacNorWest SBW ride one day, race the next?

Just a thought...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-08-2001, 10:39 AM

It can be rented and it's pretty cheap too. A group of us have gone up there four times so far this year. There's a track day going on up there tomorrow as a matter of fact but I can't go this time. Last year we got the track to ourselves several times so there were only about 6-8 of us. It's gotten a little more popular now so you usually end up sharing with another small group but it's never crowded. Cost is $75 per person and I think there's a $300 minimum. It's not much for landscaping but the surface is good. A meet up there would be fun. It's really laid back, there's usually a brief riders meeting to tell people not to be stupid and you pretty much pull on and off the track whenever you want (but not wherever you want!).

PS - We've been there several times with a group from Kelowna (sp?). And a minor technicality, it's Spokane Raceway Park. Here's an overhiead photo of the track.

Last edited by Birdman; 09-08-2001 at 10:43 AM.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-08-2001, 11:18 AM

I'd go. I've ran at SRP lots of times drag racing but I had no idea you could rent the track. Do you get it on the weekends or is it normaly during the week? $75 bucks for the day, count me in PLEASE.

Mike

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-10-2001, 08:14 AM

Every day we've done so far has been on a Sunday. But I believe there are no more Sunday's this year. There are a handfull of Saturdays and our group is going up on Monday the 24th. I think there's a small group up there this Saturday from Portland.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-02-2001, 07:56 AM
UFO

Damn, wish I still lived in Spokane. Wait...no I don't. Well, I do if you guys are renting the track on a regular basis.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-02-2001, 11:13 AM

Is at least twice a month during the summer regular enough for you? We're going up Monday Oct. 8 if the weather holds. Man if I could have gone to every opportunity I could have done about 12 track days this summer. Even at $75 a day that gets expensive.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-03-2001, 03:40 PM
UFO

I live in Olympia...so it's about a 6 hour drive...one way. Probably not going to happen. I lived in Spokane about 5 years ago. Worked as a design engineer out at KeyTronic. What a fooked up company that is/was!!
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-04-2001, 02:30 AM

Oh man, I wish we'd bumped into each other sooner. There's a group of guys that comes out from the Seattle area to a lot of the track days. You probably could have hooked up with them to share travel and lodging expenses. There's a couple motels within a mile of the track and we usually go up the night before and stay there. Keep it in mind for next year.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-17-2002, 05:06 PM Thread Starter

so, new year, new track schedule. Anyone have plans for a trackday yet?
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-17-2002, 07:26 PM

Post Renting Spokane Raceway?

The WMRRA dates for Spokane this year are June 8-9 and Labour day weekend.....................ken.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode