LI Wheelie Contest - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-10-2001, 12:51 PM Thread Starter

Talking

Hey all in LI - May 20 head on out to Westhampton - sure to be a good time, and a good opportunity to build up the crew.

Sunday May 20, 2001 at Long Island Motorsports Park in Westhampton, NY. 1/4 mile time trials and grudge races and wheelie contest. Park info 516-379-4842
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-11-2001, 08:42 PM

Do you have anymore details on the event? When does it start? I want to attend however my bike will not be ready by sunday. I will be getting home this coming thursday though. I guess I'll just drive out there.

Jim
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-12-2001, 10:55 AM

Question

Rocket -
What do you need to do to your bike? I'm right around the corner from you so I can give you a hand if you want.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-12-2001, 11:32 AM

Hey Glenn, thanks for the offer. Basically right now the bike is all covered up in the garage. Number one I have to get to the DMV and pay for registration. Number two, I need to get a quick safety inspection (do you recommend a person to go to?) I have to also get a new battery, the original is shot. I think I might just order a westco battery through competitionaccessories.com. I have to start her up, and change the oil and filter. I need to buy both the oil and the filter. Any suggestions on that purchase? So I get home on thursday night, and will start doing all of this on friday. I can probably knock most of it out, but I also have to get insurance going. Last year I took out a 6 month policy due to the fact I knew I would be away at school. So I have to get a few quotes and get that done also. I just don't see all this getting done in two days. However, I do want to take a ride out to the contest, I heard it was a lot of fun last year. I'll give you an email off list and include my home phone number. I'm sure I'll be out in my driveway on friday working on the bike, so you are welcome to stop by. Again, thanks for the offer.

Jim
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-12-2001, 07:36 PM

Oh man I wish I had known, I just gave a battery away last week. I don't do any mail order anymore. I go to A&D Motorsports in Deer Park. Dennis there takes good care of me and all his customers. His prices are a little more than mail order but I think that the extra service you get is worth it. If you're talking about a NY state inspection, I go to SKF on Lakeland ave. Otherwise, A&D always gets my business. Let me know if you want to take a ride down there.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-13-2001, 07:53 PM Thread Starter

Hey just an FYI - get there EARLY if you are riding - usually up to 3000 or so bikes, so you need to get there early for a good spot - also, stick close to your bike - there are a lot of people there, some with good intentions and some not...

F3 - glad to hear you'll finally be home - now git yer bike together and lets ride!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-14-2001, 04:23 PM

Cool

I believe the park area opens up at 9am. My bro's friend is gonna be in the contest. I think the prize $$ is a pretty nice amount. (if ya'll wanna give it a try)

I'll be there!! Look for the chick with the black ninja and esportbike sticker.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode