Northern VA - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-23-2001, 01:17 PM Thread Starter

Im a new rider interested in doing some weekend/evening riding . Not looking to get crazy, but not necessarily obey every speed limit. Anyone interested?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-24-2001, 12:24 PM

bethesda

I live in Bethesda, right across the river. I'll ride, I'll ride fast, but I won't give anyone the chance to pull out in front of me.
Email: [email protected]
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-28-2001, 03:06 AM

I live in Quantico. I've been riding for about 12 years, but I just started riding again after about a 5 year layoff. I want to start off pretty slow, I have no desire to wreck it, plus I'm pretty new to the area and don't know the roads too well. If your interested, give me a yell.

Don't try to keep up with my life, you'll only get hurt.

-Mike

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-30-2001, 02:36 PM

I'm always interested in riding around the DC area... I'd like to hear about good roads/routes you guys ride around the area...
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-30-2001, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jtensuan
I'd like to hear about good roads/routes you guys ride around the area...
I'm not too familiar with the area yet, but I've been riding Rt. 619 from Quantico to Manassas, and then trying some of the roads branching off of it. It's a great ride with lots of twisties, but a little short (I am usually back where I started in around and hour). I've also ridden Rt. 3 from Fredricksburg out towards Culpepper, thats pretty scenic but no twisties. If your know of anywhere else around here or want a partner, let me know.

Don't try to keep up with my life, you'll only get hurt.

-Mike
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-02-2001, 06:08 AM Thread Starter

Guys:
I would love to hook up with you all if interested.
I just got back into it as well and am still taking it very easy.
ive been riding out 50 west to middleburg and taking roads of that, quite nice. you can e mail me at [email protected] if you are interested..this weekend looks nice
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-02-2001, 07:57 PM

Lightbulb group ride

Lets get a group together for a ride; I just put on a set of Forza slip-ons with air box conversion and jet kit, so I'll be anxious to get some riding in...

A few local places I have been riding include Great Falls (both in MD and VA), and Rock Creek Parkway into Rock Creek Park (believe it or not, this is a nice twisty ride, but you gotta go during off-peak hours during the week...)

As for experience, I have only been street riding for a year or so, but used to race off road...

Anyone open for a Sunday ride?? [email protected]
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-26-2001, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ducatilimey37
Guys:
I would love to hook up with you all if interested.
I just got back into it as well and am still taking it very easy.
ive been riding out 50 west to middleburg and taking roads of that, quite nice. you can e mail me at [email protected] if you are interested..this weekend looks nice
HEY! I live out that way, we have some very pretty roads out here that only the locals know about, my Boyfriend works for UPS and he has been delivering all the areas for the last 20 years, He knows some great rides, if you want the twisties....great, flat and fast?? great too... there is a Bike Shop in my town that last year would put a ride in a hat all week, anyone could do it, and on Sunday mornings they pull a ride out of the hat... LOTS of fun... and lots of different bikes, and everyone was cool with everyone, Rice and Harleys are like mixing vinagar and oil sometimes... but not this group!
I'll find out if they are doing it still. If someone wants to plan another ride count me in!!!
~Melody
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode