Laguna Seca lunch (Va Beach, VA) July 23rd - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums
View Poll Results: Which location works best for you?
2947 Shore Drive 0 0%
3717 Tiffany Lane 0 0%
237 South Battlefield Blvd. 0 0%
1400 Kempsville Road 1 100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-07-2006, 01:57 PM Thread Starter

Laguna Seca lunch (Va Beach, VA) July 23rd

Laguna Seca lunch (Va. Beach, VA) July 23rd

Hello fellow riders, I am posting this to gauge interest in everyone meeting up at Hometown Heroes Sports Pub on Sunday to watch the MotoGP races from Laguna Seca July 23rd, 2006 on Speed. This is Speed's program schedule that day:

2:00 pm FIM World Superbike Championship Czech Republic - Race 1
3:00 pm AMA Superbike Championship
4:00 pm AMA Superstock Motorcycles
5:00 pm MotoGP World Championship
(LIVE) Laguna Seca
6:00 pm AMA Formula Xtreme

I have already spoken with the owner and he is more than willing to accomodate us and offer catered food specials at any of his 4 locations. I have posted a poll with each of the locations for if you plan on showing up. Please pick a location that works best for you and we will meet at the most popular location. Depending on how many people plan on attending he is willing to set aside reserved motorcycle parking (with cones). Please vote if you will attend and I will update this thread with prices for the day. It should be around $10 per person but it all depends on how many people will participate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-15-2006, 04:01 PM Thread Starter

Location confirmed

The selected Hometown Heroes location will be 1400 Kempsville Road which is in the shopping centre at the corners of Volvo Parkway and Kempsville road behind a Wendy's restaurant. This is in Chesapeake, VA towards Centerville turnpike so there is good riding just out the backdoor. Please post something or vote if you are going otherwise there will be no food until the cook gets there and opens the kitchen at 4:00 pm!
Here below is a Mapquest link for the selected location in Chesapeake, VA.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...maplink2&name=

Last edited by Dunlop; 07-15-2006 at 04:05 PM.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006, 07:02 AM Thread Starter

Today!

Bump

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006, 06:32 PM Thread Starter

Not bad eh?

Not bad eh?

Well thanks to everyone for showing up. We had 8 hardcore racing fans present and time flew by just chatting about racing and sh!t-talking everyones favourite bike/rider. I can't wait to get together again for the Malaysian GP Sunday September 10th, 5:00pm at Hometown Heroes again. It was great that we got to park our bikes right up on the sidewalk and got the 10% discount off of our entire bill. Turning all nine TVs to the race was funny for the 180 degree coverage, even though we only needed the three big screens up front. I will thank Chuck and let him know that we will return. Let all your friends know about our next get together and hopefully the weather will cooperate for a larger turnout this time.

Cheers,
Dunlop
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode