new york prices on bikes???? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-20-2006, 01:17 PM Thread Starter

new york prices on bikes????

i been living in the domican repuiblic the last 7 months and now im ready to move back to new york, before i came here though i lived in orlando fl for 4 years their i had a 2004 gixxer 600 brand new 2 months after it came out, got stolen then bought a 2003 gixxer alstare well point is that i brought my gixxer and my mr2 over here now i dont have the money to ship it back to the states its too much money, now i can easily get 250,000 pesos for it over here since these types of bikes are scarse ive even had alot of offers on it, 250,000 is roughly 7200 dollars, now my question is before i sell this bike i want to know how the prices are on bikes in new york since i havent been in the states for a while i don;t know how the prices are now i know new models have come out for the gixxer, the thing is i want to know, can i get a GOOD condition 2004 gixxer 600 preferably the yellow and black for 4500-5000 dollars, cuz i would like to buy a bike with the 7000 grand and have atleast 2000 dollars to buy like a 93 honda civic or something used, i seen sdome r1s like 2002 r1s on sale for like 5000 so i figuere i should be able to get a 2004 gixxer 600 for cheaper, bottom line is that it HAS to be that gixxer , thats the first bike i owned and i loved it i thing its the best looking bike, i dont; want a 05 or 06 i want specifically 04 yellow black 600 like the one i drove out the dealership lot brand new back in 04, so 4500 to 5000 does that sound resonable for this bike ion new york???

GSX-R 600 alstare
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-20-2006, 03:36 PM

Send a message via AIM to slaintedan
You might have good luck on craigslist. www.newyork.craigslist.org Check out the "motorcycle" section.

Good luck.

Me for Emperor of America!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-20-2006, 04:05 PM

Send a message via AIM to SepiasSoul
Hell if you can make $7200 sell em. That would pay for a new used bike and the ticket to NY. Bikes are fairly cheap in the US, though I'm sure NY is a bit more than FL.

Good luck, and welcome back to the USA,

Sepias

Protect yourselves! The squirrels are plotting to steal our nuts!

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-21-2006, 06:45 AM Thread Starter

7500 actually, the reason why they are so expensive down here is becasue basically their arent any suzuki or honda or yamaha dealerships here that sell sportbikes, they sell millions and millions of scooters and such but not sportbikes since the demand for sportbikes here and a "third world country" is basically zero, the reason why its so expensive is becasue any sport bike u see here in this country was basically brought down from another country which means u pay a shitload of taxes and fees, for example if u bring down a bike here u have to pay in taxes and fees basically like 38 percent of what THEY value the bike to cost, if they value my bike at 6000 i have to pay like 2300 in taxes and fees so basically the bike cost 8300, get it? but me my case is special cuz i happen tro be the lucky guy who has a family member working high in the docks of where the ships bring in all the expedites from other countrys so i didt have to pays does fees,

basically what i want to know is 4500 to 5000 a reasonable price for a 04 gixxer 600 in ny? or am i crazy?

GSX-R 600 alstare
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode