Selling the CBR - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 08-31-2005, 07:02 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to Kyle
Selling the CBR

I remember telling myself a ways back that I would never sell my first bike. Well I guess I lie to myself. For some reason it has been an incredibly hard thing to do. I have just listed it on ebay ($60 now!!! After this I'm through with ebay) and am wondering if I am going to regret it. Don't get me wrong the bike is in awesome shape, its such an easy bike to ride, but I'm wondering if I'm not wanting to sell it because of the history I have with it, or whether I just don't want to part with a material possession. I haven't ridden it in well over a year seeing how I was out of the continental US, and for some reason didn't get it re-registerd and insured this summer (what was I thinking?) So it just sits there in the garage, new parts galore, without being ridden. Thats what finally made me up and decide to sell it.

I want to continue living in places other than the northeast while I'm still young, the money coming in from the sale will help to send me on my way to the next place, and that cross country ride I want to one day take seems a bit far off. Anyhow I guess this is just my weeping for that plastic, metal, and rubber that I have a fond memory of. Check it out yourself and see if its worth all this emotion (ok I'm playing up the emotion bit now).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MESE%3AIT&rd=1

-Kyle

Kyle P.

Gave up the bike to see the world. Knowing how to ride well will come in handy im sure on some road in the jungle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode