Meeting up in Timonium - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-05-2003, 09:14 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to Kathy Send a message via Yahoo to Kathy
Meeting up in Timonium

The plan is so far:

Motorcycle show in Timonium State Fair Grounds this Saturday.

Meet up with those interested, and going out to dinner somewhere close by at 5:00. Meeting at 5:00 and then driving over to a resturant for food and conversation.

If you chose not to attend the show and just want to meet up with us for the dinner part, call me.

My cell phone number is 410-937-0573.

Whatever!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-05-2003, 12:04 PM

Hey Kathy,

I haven't been checking often on the forum. I won't be able to join you guys this Saturday, but thanks for the post. I've been thinking about my bike and probably need to check it out and start it up a couple of times. I do miss riding.

Currently I have a new hobbie. Stay home and play video games, or go to a friend's house and play video games. The cold has really slowed me down. I did see Shawn (Adidas) about a month ago at a freinds house. Surprisingly we played video games.....go figure

Cya guys around
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-05-2003, 04:36 PM

Send a message via AIM to jrehmert Send a message via Yahoo to jrehmert
Timonium Show...

Hey Kathy...

Thanks for shooting me the instant messages about the Timonium meet-up. I will definitely try my hardest, but I can never tell what will happen since I'm "trying" to help my fiancee with the wedding planning.

I hope to see you there...

- John

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-05-2003, 06:11 PM Thread Starter

Derek, how is the married life? It can't be that bad that you have turned to games! Is it? Good to see you checking in, wondered if you made it back from Hawaii.

I am so looking forward to warm weather.......

Whatever!
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-06-2003, 01:39 PM

Hey jrehmert,
I went through wedding planning last year. It was easy, just node your head. Anyway its seems that most girls have an idea in their head what they want and if you make a suggestion it pretty much gets rejected. I really thought a Karaoke Jam would have been awesome, but she said no. Good luck!

Kathy,
The marriage is fine. She can't handle me in video games and she gets mad when I start taking trash. Hawaii was great. I felt more at home there then any place else...so it was hard to leave. It was kindof funny, Shawn was there about the same time, but wife thought we should just spend time together.

I'll see you guys around soon.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-07-2003, 06:30 AM

Think I'm going on sunday; my sister wants to go, and she has to work Saturdays. Plus she has the 5$ discount coupons! think we're going to go around 11.

By the way, if anyone with a wedding needs invitations, programs, etc. designed and produced, I can help. (shameless freelance work plug)

My gf got me a PS2 for x-mas, I've been addicted to Vice City for most of this winter. I like to ride the bikes around, drag a knee around corners and dream of summertime. tired of snow, enough already.

"Goat butts against hedge, and his horns become entangled."- Egg Shen
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-07-2003, 04:39 PM Thread Starter

Understand Justin, enjoy your day.

Video games are addicting during the winter months. Just make sure that when spring and summer comes along you will be able to get on the bike again!

Whatever!
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-08-2003, 04:45 AM

Send a message via AIM to jrehmert Send a message via Yahoo to jrehmert
Video Games ROCK!!!!

Hey Guys...

I've been absolutely addicted to Battlefield 1942 for PC. I don't even know if they make it for any of the gaming consoles. It's a sweet 1st person shooter that takes you back to the major battles of World War II. Plus, one of my friends is working on a mod, Desert Combat, for it that changes everything (weapons and all) to Deset Storm.

It's really awesome and I think it's the most used $50 I've spent in a long time.

As for the wedding stuff... I'm just glad that I have 100% control over the caterer/bar arrangements. I used to work in catering when I was going through school, so I have a lot of good contacts for that. My fiancee gave me free reign!!! I'm doing pit beef, ham, and turkey with all kinds of other good stuff in a buffet-type setup. I really want it to be like a cookout more than a wedding reception. That's what we've planned for the rehearsal dinner and everybody seems really excited about doing something other than traditional. Especially my parents who are probably going to save about a grand just on the rehearsal dinner. We are having 9 people in each of our parties (18 person wedding party) which is going to be really expensive, but FUN!!!

Well, I'm headed to the Motorcycle Show in Timonium in about an hour, so I'm going to miss you guys - unfortunately. My fiancee scheduled a couple of things for this afternoon - after she gets off from work, so I'm going to be fitting wedding bands and meeting with the flower people. I'm sure you're all envious already... ;-)

Come on warm weather and hurry up Ellicott City Motorsports!!! They've had my bike for about 3 months!!! Anybody know anything about their reputation?

- John
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-08-2003, 04:57 AM Thread Starter

Well, it looks as if we, Jeffrey and I will be going over to the show later than we originally thought. Jeffrey would like to make it an evening thing rather than an afternoon thing. He is addicited to eBay and working on a truck!

We are going to be over at Timonium around 5:00 or so and then just grab something there to eat while at the show.

John, have fun with the plans.

Whatever!
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-08-2003, 02:36 PM

bike show

Kathy,
Did you guys get into the show?
Darlene and I went up about 11:00 and after sitting in line (in the car) for about a half hour we got into the parking lot and they said the wait in line was another an hour. We did not want to see bikes that much! We went to lunch instead. On the way home the line of cars on 83 waiting to get in was about two miles long!

How do you like your corbin seat? I have one on mine and I love it. I also got the removable back rest for when Darlene is with me.

Here a pic:http://katanaworld.homestead.com/files/bikes.html
Mark

Last edited by mark_s21794; 02-08-2003 at 02:48 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode