Leathers - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-23-2002, 06:57 AM Thread Starter

Leathers

Is there any place in NJ (or PA, Delaware, NY) that actually stocks and sells one piece leathers? You can find any number of people who want to order stuff for you but I think I'm concerned about the fit. Spidi, Fieldsheer, Dainese... I know IXS is up in Mass., but that's a real haul.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-23-2002, 07:22 AM
Founder

Check the Fieldsheer dealer locator at http://www.fieldsheer.com/delaer.php and call the dealers listed to see if any of them carry our full leathers.

I know it's a real pain in the butt to find anyone who stocks full leathers.

Robert Basil
SportbikeWorld.com Founder
PocketbikePlanet.com Founder

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-23-2002, 07:29 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to FZR400Tony
you can use the sizing charts on newenough.com. north american warhorse (scranton indian aprilia dealer, you find them on the manu sites) had some 1 piece suits and i think teampromotion may have some wintex suits (www.teampromotion.com)

Tony

Coward stays behind freedom.
A braveman stands in front of freedom and defends it for others.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-23-2002, 09:30 AM Thread Starter

Robert and Tony thanks for responding. I've had a tough time finding Fieldsheer stuff in the past at their dealers. Called around a bunch several months ago, although at that time I was only looking for textile gear. Went to Motorcycle Mall in Belleville, NJ (a listed dealer) last week and all they had were some old Fieldsheer textiles that I didn't even recognize form last years catalog. I Guess I could try calling around again.

Did some searching on the board earlier and found out that Kneedraggers has a store front! They just responded. They're in Wilmington, DE about 2 1/2 hours away. Looks like the best bet so far.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-28-2002, 09:44 PM

Try Team Pro-Motion, they have a store front in Northeast Philly and suits to try on. Closer then De too.

the store and offices are at
842 Red Lion Road
Philadelphia, PA 19115

Phone 215-671-8660

Geo...

http://users.rcn.com/gsxrrider
Team Pro-Motion Safety Director/Coach #23
visit www.teampromotion.com
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-29-2002, 01:13 PM Thread Starter

thanks gs, I've done a little email with them and they're quite close to my in-laws in PA.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-07-2002, 06:46 PM

I feel your pain, I lived in Wayne, NJ before moving to SoCal. I could not believe the availability of parts, accessories etc. when I moved out here. There just are not a whole lot of dealers and shops in NJ. www.kushitani.com has a web site that allows you to custom design leathers.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-08-2002, 05:09 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the tip John, that would be ideal but it poses a budgetary concern. i'd like as much protection as I can get but I'm kind of limited to no more than $800 for a suit. I just don't have an off the rack build which is why I can't mail order blindly. (Does anyone really?) My plan is still to check out Kneedraggers then Pro-Motion in Philly. How the hell did you get talked out of leaving New Jersey?
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-11-2002, 12:23 AM

Stop by the store front and go up the statir in the back left conrner that will be the office and they cen help you out. Suits are in the store for you to try on. Stop by after 10am and before 6pm and someone can help you.

Geo...

http://users.rcn.com/gsxrrider
Team Pro-Motion Safety Director/Coach #23
visit www.teampromotion.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode