Yahoo for New York - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-03-2002, 07:29 PM Thread Starter

Yahoo for New York

Good idea to bring in the state to state forums, thanks SBW refugees! =>

Anyway, reading all the SBW refugee posts looking for their local pals I got a little jealous.

So where's everyone in new york? I used to be up at school in Rochester but I just recently transfered back yonkers just north of NYC. I'm a big fan of riding up to bear mountain, lots of fun stuff up there and good views. What's everyone else up to???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-21-2002, 09:37 AM

Send a message via AIM to slaintedan
Wally,
I'm in Rockland County and I know the Bear Mountain ride very well...Palisades Parkway to Perkins Drive. Lots of bikes of all types on any given weekend. Depending upon the weather it's usually a good time! I haven't been there in a couple months and with the cold weather coming it doesn't look like I'll be up there again until the Spring. Maybe we can set up a ride for then.

-Dan

Me for Emperor of America!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-03-2002, 01:10 PM

Too many cops on the Palisades.

9w up to the mountain, usually on Saturday mornings.

See you in the spring.

"Take it to the track"

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-03-2002, 01:26 PM

Hey Im from the Poughkeepsie area, anybody from around here? I know the Bear mountain ride as well, theres nothing like riding over the Bear Mountain bridge on a warm fall day with all the leaves and the fantastic view you get.

I still ride as long as theres no ice on the road so if anyone around my area is interested in riding let me know.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-03-2002, 04:29 PM Thread Starter

My bike isn't quite as healthy as it used to be, dealing with some issues with it so I think I'm out until next spring

Another good ride up that way is rte. 301. A buddy of mine's dad just got a Duc 916 and took me on that route last weekend. The whole area is so pretty this time of year!

lets try meeting up next spring!

Last edited by Wally; 11-03-2002 at 04:43 PM.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-18-2003, 06:57 AM

Hey everyone. New to the forum but found the thread for NY. I'm from upstate, Albany. Don't ride much down near the city but hope to get down to Bear mtn this summer. I started a local club/group so I you are ever thinking of heading up this way some time, drop us a line for some recommendations.

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/albanysportmc/

Ken
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-18-2003, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by llcoolkw
Hey everyone. New to the forum but found the thread for NY. I'm from upstate, Albany. Don't ride much down near the city but hope to get down to Bear mtn this summer. I started a local club/group so I you are ever thinking of heading up this way some time, drop us a line for some recommendations.

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/albanysportmc/

Ken,
Good luck with the club man, it looks like a great idea!

With any luck, some of us will be planning a ride up near you during the summer...we'll keep you posted.

ps - Welcome to the forum.

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-18-2003, 07:23 AM Thread Starter

Hey Dan, how's the 600RR hunt coming!? As I'm sure ya noticed I ended up with an R6 and my good buddy is now back in town with his R1 so I expect we'll be up at B mountain quite frequently once these 22 inches of snow go away
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-18-2003, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Wally
Hey Dan, how's the 600RR hunt coming!? As I'm sure ya noticed I ended up with an R6 and my good buddy is now back in town with his R1 so I expect we'll be up at B mountain quite frequently once these 22 inches of snow go away

CONGRATS!!! I'm glad to hear about your "new" bike! I guess the Honda's been put to rest?

The 600RR hunt is going well, it's just an issue of $$$ now. I should have a good idea about if/when I'll be getting it by April/May. In the meantime, I may be converting a dirtbike to a supermotard bike just for fun. I may have the only SM up at Bear Mountain this summer 'cause I've never seen one up there before.

ps - You only got 22" you lucky bastard?! I got 32" and I'm only 15-20 minutes west of you. Damnit!!!

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-20-2003, 07:34 AM Thread Starter

Hehe, oki new to me =>

Argh, damn snow though I've had an R6 for almost a month now and i've only ridden it twice. It may be cheaper to buy a bike in the winter but believe me you pay for it in other ways => Its 50 degrees here, I'd go out right now if the roads didnt still have snow all over em....

Nice on the Supermotard, you could actually go through some of those other roads in harriman state park that I despise taking my bike on. Perkins for example is a nasty road too which I'd never touch if it weren't for the rewarding view at the top. Hehe, and for the record I think I might have seen A SM once last year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode