fender eliminator kits legal? wut about if i just cut it off? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-16-2002, 12:19 PM Thread Starter

fender eliminator kits legal? wut about if i just cut it off?

This has probably been established in other threads but i have specific questions. I want to buy a fender eliminator kit for my 99 f4, but there a little on the expesive side ($140). I thought about just cutting it off and placing the plate a little higher. It won't be as pretty as a fend. ellim. kit but it would sure look a lot better than it does now. Is the fender elliminator kit legal in PA? the one i'm looking at comes with a new plate light and relocates the turn signals in (i don't know how far). Also, if i cut it off it will be right under the tail light, is there any chance the tail light could work as the license plate light too? is it legal? Personally i could care less if all this is legal but my dad owns half my bike still and he wants it to be legal so......anyway, if anyone could help me out here it'd be appreciated.
(sorry if its an all ready covered topic)
thanx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-16-2002, 12:58 PM

should not be hard to do, just cut it all the way off and get some sheet aluminium and build a bracket to hold the plate and the lights and screw that to the fender that is left. I am sure if I was there I could build one, but to tell you how would be different. I have an eliminator and I am in PA you just have to get the plate in an easily viewable spot.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-16-2002, 01:17 PM

Send a message via AIM to duessel
Forget that kit! I hacked mine off right below to where it bends. If you do this, the tail-light shines on it to illuminate it. If you wanted too, you could take out the reflector under the tail-light and take the wires from you previous license plate light, and wire it to a $4.00 light from advance auto. This is what a couple of my friends did. It worked out nice, but for heavens sake, do not waste your money on that piece of sheet metal they send you for $144. Trust me. If you want, I can post pics of mine so you can see how it is done.

http://www.bikerplanet.net

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-16-2002, 04:08 PM Thread Starter

Thanks fellas. I think i'm gonna try cutting it and adding a light where the reflecter is. If i wouldn't add the light would it be legal?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-17-2002, 07:31 AM

Should be. They probably will not mess with you though. A lot of things that are done with bikes are not legal. Just got to run with it. My friends lights that they have above their plates illuminate them pretty good. That is all that is needed. Does not have to be the stock one. One night, I had a City cop follow me for about 2 miles, and they did not pull me over, and I have nothing except my tail-light shining on it.

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-17-2002, 11:59 AM

Pictures, would like to see the pictures of this duessel.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-18-2002, 01:29 PM

If I remeber tonight I will post them. I always forget to do things until I am laying in bed at night.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode