De / Md / Pa - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-10-2002, 11:37 PM Thread Starter

De / Md / Pa

Well ive been in newark for about a week now and have made it down 273 into Rising sun, MD but that route is getting kind of old. Anyone from the area of newark, de etc...?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-21-2002, 10:55 AM Thread Starter

Well not to reply to my own post but.... Ive made it out New London Road (896) into Amish country / Lancaster county and Im pretty sure that will keep me content for a while. Just watch out for the horses leaking "oil"
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-21-2002, 01:45 PM

Hey Kyle, Good to hear you were able to get out and ride. My daughters are at the Univ. of Delaware today for the Band Day or something like that. Husband and I just got back from a nice ride around Harford County.

On October 6, we will be riding up to Ephrata PA. Have you ever been there? The first Sunday of the month motorcycles from all over met at this one spot in Ephrata, motorcycles everywhere. Go up in the morning and walk around, and then leave around 11:30 or so. Stop for lunch on the way home and then relax. If you are interested in going let me know.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-21-2002, 02:04 PM

Smile

hey...I live in Lancaster, and there is an abundance of twistie back roads to explore...when I first got my bike a few months ago, I used to go out and try to get lost in the back roads...I usually always ended up back in an area I was familiar with, so it's really good riding without the stress of getting overly lost...
...I keep reading about the Ephrata breakfast rides, but I'm so shy I'm afraid to partake in them , but they sound way fun
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-21-2002, 02:06 PM

one more thing, since you explored 273 North (or west...can't remember), you should try to go the other way, and then hit route 1 S...takes you to the beaches...hehe...that's my route anyways (in the cage...haven't attempted a ride from Lancaster to OC yet...maybe next year)...
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-21-2002, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by drluv318
.........I keep reading about the Ephrata breakfast rides, but I'm so shy I'm afraid to partake in them , but they sound way fun...........

Hey, it's just a parking lot with about 1000 bikes. Don't be shy, nobody will laugh at you. Hell, nobody even raises an eyebrow when the scooter gang shows up. If you're on your 6R, you'll blend right in with the other 100 6R's. Plus, it's so early in the morning, most everyone is walking around half asleep.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-21-2002, 04:45 PM Thread Starter

Well there are motorcyclists around here... who'd a thougt

Anyway, Kathy... I was getting pretty excited about ephrata, then when I came to my senses I realized id be in Boston that weekend, oh well. Hopefully the weather is still nice enough in october. And how old are your daughters haha

Yea im loving lancastar county so far. I got semi lost yesterday but found my way out pretty quick. I dunno what I like more... the twisties or the amish people. They seem to LOVE motorcycles. Its just a great place to ride since im in busy Newark. We should meet up one day and you could show me some nice spots. Ill be out there tommrow morning for a while (weather and hangover depending).
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-22-2002, 05:31 AM

Husband and I ventured out for about a 50 mile ride around Harford County. Lacaster is tricky so I am not surprised you may have gotten temporarily lost.

As far as Ephrata goes, there is always next month. The weather gets chiller but it is always a possibility.

Last edited by Kathy; 09-23-2002 at 01:50 PM.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-23-2002, 10:25 AM

I think I posted this in a different thread a while ago, but I live in Newark too. You can drop me an e-mail if you want to ride one day. I ride pretty much every day, and I never mind some company.

[email protected]

Later,
Paul
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-23-2002, 11:06 AM

273 is nice. alot of the back roads around u of d.

routes 896, 796, 41, 841. most of the lancaster area is very nice riding.

if you are free the first saturday of each month, a local chapter of the CMA (Christian Motorcyclists Assoc., and alot more fun than it sounds) meets at the Denny's on Rt 13 at about 8:30 for breakfast. if it is nice, the ride leader always takes us on some very nice rides around delaware and pa.

jeremy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode