Ephrata May 5 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-23-2002, 04:26 AM Thread Starter

Arrow Ephrata May 5

Ephrata is in 2 two weeks! I hestiate to post a thread about it so soon. I don't want to get anyones hopes up and it be 20 degrees outside when we should be leaving. Cold weather sucks!

Mike - MEXICO! Is this a vacation? We will miss you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-23-2002, 04:27 PM

Hey Kathy,

I just bought my bike to the shop today. I'm getting Yoshimura full exhaust installed and having it dynoed. So hopefully they'll be done by then. They seemed very busy and bikes where littered everywhere.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-24-2002, 05:19 AM

Yes I'll be on vacation. But I'm going to make it my personal cause to get to Ephrata in June.

I am getting back to MD on a more regular basis so hopefully we can meet up prior to June for a weekend cruise. I really want to get a look at Bob's winter project...

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-24-2002, 05:27 AM

jeez, I'll be the only stealth exhaust left.

Where did you take it to get the work done? Getting a jet kit too? Let me know how their work is.

"Goat butts against hedge, and his horns become entangled."- Egg Shen
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-25-2002, 06:25 AM

Yeah Justin, I'm getting it rejetted, replacing the stock filter with k&n. I took it to Cycle World down in Glen Burnie, $57 an hour for labor and Dyno is $80. Hopefully they're thorough and everything is fine. Looking foward to checking out the Dyno reading.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-25-2002, 06:45 AM

D,

They did my gsx750 2 years ago (full yosh system, stage 1 jets, K&N filter). They did a great job and solid gains across the entire RPM range. They always run a before and after dyno reading and provide a very nice diagram for you to keep.

Fun, Fun, Fun,

Mike
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-25-2002, 08:26 AM

Cool! can't wait to hear it. I had a yoshimura full exhaust on my old Bandit 400, and loved the sound. Never got it dynoed, though, and had to keep taking it back to get it properly jetted. Live and learn. Hope it's done this week.

"Goat butts against hedge, and his horns become entangled."- Egg Shen
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-25-2002, 11:17 AM

Dyno for 25 or 30 in Gaithersburg

Hello All,
I was just reading over your posts and saw that someone was interested in getting their bike Dyno'ed. I just moved to Gaithersburg and have meet a few of you at Starbucks last summer. Anyways there is a shop in downtown Gaithersburg called CAD Cycle Accessory Discounters. They will jet and dyno or just do a fuel air mixture and dyno or just dyno. I think that it is 30 dollars. They are located off of East Diamond Ave in Gaithersburg. Just wanted to let you guys know.

Later
Mike
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-25-2002, 11:25 AM

Actually, I think it is $20. Least that is what I think I paid last summer. CAD is great. It is the only shop I go to.

Big Tymer, where in Kensington are you? I live in Bethesda near the Grovesnor metro just down the Pike from Starbucks.

Are you planning on going to Ephrata? If so let me know. Would love to have someone to ride with on the way to Balt.

Last edited by elcidbob; 04-25-2002 at 11:30 AM.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-25-2002, 11:52 AM

elcidbob,
Hey man I actually just moved from Kensington up to Gaithersburg. I don't know about PA next weekend. This is my last month of school and getting ready to graduate...not much time to do anything. We should meet up sometime and ride though as soon as I get some time. Do you still go to Starbucks on Thursdays?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode