Winter work - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-22-2002, 02:03 PM Thread Starter

Winter work

I have added some shots of what I did this winter to my members gallery.

The first is of the movement and subsequent rewiring for my Alarm and CPU. Then yesterday (4/21) I finished installing the integrator. Whew. What a pain in the arse that was. Turns out ZX-7R's are wired a little differently then all other Kawis.

Anyway, I soldered most, if not all the connections, then re-wrapped them. The bracket under the alarm was from the scrap bin. I had to use ties on it since it has no place to screw it down.

The bracket for the CPU is also from the scrap bin. I think that was on my brother's old Ducatti 900SS at some point!

I am going to redo some of the taping with shrink tubing, but did not have big enough peices on hand at the time and had to hit the road to catch WSBK from Sugo.

Why all this you ask? My solo tail would not fit very cleanly with all this crap where it was.

Go here: https://www.sportbikeworld.com/galler...x.pl?photo=802

The next pic will be of my front wheel that I stripped and polished and then I will post pics of the entire bike when I get the plastics back from the shop later this week.

Ephrata in May baby!!!!!!!

Last edited by elcidbob; 04-22-2002 at 02:33 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-22-2002, 02:28 PM Thread Starter

On on the 5th day there was found a wheel!

https://www.sportbikeworld.com/galler...x.pl?photo=806

This is a pain in the arse and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Lots of elbow grease and scrapping. I was going to do the outside of the rear, which is also that late-90's Kawi Royal Purple, but just did not have it in me. Maybe next winter.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-22-2002, 02:40 PM

Bob,

FANTASTIC, Can't wait to see it in person and hear all the sortid details.

I won't make Ephrata in May because I'll be in Mexico so we'll have to plan something else.

Mike

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-25-2002, 06:42 AM

Yeah Bob, I can't wait either to see what you've done with your bike and also check out that alarm system. I always thought about getting an alarm system on my bike. Its a great stress reliever when ever I go into the mall or whatever, I always picture a bunch of kids or a family taking turns sitting on the bike, like its a carnival ride.

I guess we'll meet up in Rockville one Thrusday or have a weekend where we ride your neck of the woods.

Hey Mike, give me a call when your around. Have fun in Mexico!
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-25-2002, 06:52 AM

Hey Derrick,

I am actually in my baltimore office today not that the weather is cooperating. We'll see if we can do some weekend rides (or Rockville) once I figure out my May schedule.

Mike
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-25-2002, 07:52 AM Thread Starter

Well, I talked to the painter on Tuesday and I will be making a pick-up on Monday. I am getting all the plastics on if I have to work all night!!!!!

Pics will follow.

Derrick,

the alarm was on the bike when I bought it. The guy who put it in did a real half-a$$ job of wiring it. It worked but was visually displeasing to the eye. At least my eye!

So as part of the work I soldered all the connections, blah, blah, blah.

Anyway. Riding hilarity will ensue next Thursday and then Sunday to Ephrata. Knowing my luck and sanity it will snow.

I am surely up for rides up to Baltimore whenever to ride with you guys.

Mike,

where in Mexico? I am going to Cozumel on May 21 for 8 days.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-25-2002, 08:02 AM

Riviera Maya. About 25 minutes south of Cancun. I have had a very slight chest cold lingering for a couple of weeks and I have convinced myself that hyot sunshine and cold alcohol (strickly for medicinal purposes) is the only way to get myself back in shape.

BTW, If you haven't seen my other post, I have been thinking about putting Nitrous on my bike. Thought it would be a total kick and a great conversation topic. A couple of friends at work think I've lost it. I think they're planning an intervention...

What do you think?
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-25-2002, 08:36 AM Thread Starter

Oh! Where is the thread!? I think that would be awesome. I have the recent issue of PB that talks about that.

I understand your problem with medicinal alcohol. Since perscriptions are sooo expensive these days I decided to go the plan way and pay for mine all up front. (All-inclusive at the Alegro baby!)

Last edited by elcidbob; 04-25-2002 at 08:40 AM.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-25-2002, 10:09 AM

Absolutely, All-inclusive is the only way to go. What's PB? What issue? What do they say? My thread is under the "how to" forum but I have gotten any input yet.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-25-2002, 11:15 AM Thread Starter

PB=Performance Bike. It is a British rag I subscribe to. I think last months issue. I will check tonight and let you know. I read the thread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode