Looking for Maryland riders - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-27-2002, 05:22 PM Thread Starter

Looking for Maryland riders

Hello all. I am looking for some riders in the Annapolis, Md. area. I live on the Eastern shore but love to ride all over. I also would like to meet more riders from the Eastern shore as well. If anyone is familiar with the Kent Island area and would like to perhaps ride some of the great back roads on this side of Maryland, contact me via e mail or post on the Honda forum. Oh and I guess you can respond here too! (Can you tell that I'm new here??!!) DUH!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-28-2002, 11:08 AM

Talking Why is the Eastern Shore so damn flaT>?

Hey man! My name is Dan and I am an alcoholic...oh wait, wrong forum!!! I'm 23, recently grad-u-macated from college, and I just moved down to Salisbury. I am jones'n for some one to ride with! I have a black (is there any other color?) 919 and we both crave twisites. I have only one decent riding route, so maybe we could tour around and see what's out there (or we could cruise up and down the main street over there in OC!). Well, where ever! I hear western MD has some crazy hills! Anyway, email me at [email protected] [email protected]
PEACE!
ttyl!
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-28-2002, 11:18 AM

Talking Why is the Eastern Shore so damn flaT>?

Hey man! My name is Dan and I am an alcoholic...oh wait, wrong forum!!! I'm 23, recently grad-u-macated from college, and I just moved down to Salisbury. I am jones'n for some one to ride with! I have a black (is there any other color?) 919 and we both crave twisites. I have only one decent riding route, so maybe we could tour around and see what's out there (or we could cruise up and down the main street over there in OC!). Well, where ever! I hear western MD has some crazy hills! Anyway, email me at [email protected] [email protected]
PEACE!
ttyl!

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-28-2002, 11:24 AM

DAMN. I SUCK AT THIS "POSTING" THING...
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-28-2002, 04:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Honda919Rider
DAMN. I SUCK AT THIS "POSTING" THING...
Hey 919, I try to get down that way at least once a month. I will definitely give you a yell when weather gets better. I only get to ride weekdays mostly since I work on weekends. I can't wait to get down there. I was there 2 weeks ago and ran into a guy with a Suzuki 650 S. It was gorgeous!! All polished out with a Two Brothers Titanium pipe. I can't remember his name but later that same day, I saw him with a bunch of other riders tearing down that main drag in front of Salisbury State. I never caught up with them but I plan to the next time I'm in the area. Hope to catch up with you. Peace and ride safe.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-29-2002, 04:04 AM

Question I've seen those guys.....

Yeah, I know exactly the group you are talking about. There's like at least a dozen of them that cruise together. They tried to flag me down one night, but I was in a rush to get home. Some of their bikes are pretty tricked out, too. They seem to pick up new riders all the time. It's like a sportbike version of the Hell's Angels! Yeah BABY! I've also seen the dude w/ the SV650. Anyway, yeah, send me an email when you're out this way. Your F4 sounds pretty damn sweet, so send me a pic if you get a chance. PEACE, BRO!
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-29-2002, 02:23 PM Thread Starter

Re: I've seen those guys.....

Quote:
Yeah, I know exactly the group you are talking about. There's like at least a dozen of them that cruise together. They tried to flag me down one night, but I was in a rush to get home. Some of their bikes are pretty tricked out, too. They seem to pick up new riders all the time. It's like a sportbike version of the Hell's Angels! Yeah BABY! I've also seen the dude w/ the SV650. Anyway, yeah, send me an email when you're out this way. Your F4 sounds pretty damn sweet, so send me a pic if you get a chance. PEACE, BRO!
Man I'm trying hard to get a picture on the site. I think I'm just going to take some snaps with a disposable and have them developed on CD-ROM. I just checked the 10 day forecast and was pretty pissed. No good riding weather in site Anyway, I'd like to see your bike too. I don't know if I'm familiar with your bike. Post a picture if you can. Looking forward to it. Peace and be safe.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-30-2002, 07:48 AM

My Bike

Here's a pic of my bike. I'm not too sure on how to put multiple pics on here, so when I get "the knowledge," I'll post them. It's a pretty sweet little bike. 919cc's, 110-hp, I am guessing between 350 - 400lbs. I'd like to lower the bars, add a bikini fairing, and add a new exhaust on it. But that stuff comes per paycheck!!! I haven't really pushed it too hard because I'm still under the breakin mileage. But hey! The forcast might be a little brighter at the end of the week (damn this rain! )
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-30-2002, 04:49 PM Thread Starter

Re: My Bike

Quote:
Here's a pic of my bike. I'm not too sure on how to put multiple pics on here, so when I get "the knowledge," I'll post them. It's a pretty sweet little bike. 919cc's, 110-hp, I am guessing between 350 - 400lbs. I'd like to lower the bars, add a bikini fairing, and add a new exhaust on it. But that stuff comes per paycheck!!! I haven't really pushed it too hard because I'm still under the breakin mileage. But hey! The forcast might be a little brighter at the end of the week (damn this rain! )
Very nice ride!!! She's screaming for a Two Brother's pipe just like mine. I can't wait to put a pipe on mine. I actually got a ride in today after work. Hey, is your bike to U.S. version of the Hornet that they released in Japan? It looks alot like it. I'll bet she moves with those 110 horses on that light frame!! I'll have to do some mods before I meet up with you! Should be very interesting. Did you see anyone out today? Let me know what's going on down there. I'm trying to get about 4 or 5 guys to take a run down there next week.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-31-2002, 05:09 AM

Exclamation Nice Weather: an oxymoron in MD?

This bike is totally the Hornet! I know it's pretty damn popular in Europe, so hopefully whatever mods they've done there will trickle over here I know what you mean about the exhaust! I would love to have a new one installed - I was told that having the fuel injection re-mapped wont caust much at all. I wonder if I could get 20 more HP out of it???
I saw that guy on the blue SV-650s yesterday! I snuck up on him while he was turning at an intersection, zipped underneath him, and opend up my throttle! SEE YA! We met up at the WaWa just down the road. Cool dude, nice bike! The S model really looks good. We went for a little ride around Salisbury and the surrounding county. He wasn't too thrilled, but I had a blast.
It was cool though because I finally got to compare my bike w/ another.
Anyway, If you guys come down here we can find people to ride with out a doubt. There's usally a group riding around here somewhere. There's got to be people in this area who want to ride!
And if anybody else is reading these threads and would like to meet up, speak up!
Ok man, ttyl, peace, ride safe, enjoy any good weather we get because it's a blessing this time of year, and give a shout when you are headed this way!
Oh yeah, try to get some pics up of your bike! It sounds pretty damn sweet!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode