NJ/NY/PA riders... - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-24-2002, 02:07 AM Thread Starter

Wink NJ/NY/PA riders...

I plan on buying my bike in a month or so...
Curious to see where everyone is from..id like to meet some of you guys and girls and go riding when i get my bike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-24-2002, 12:56 PM

Talking Hello

Where in Nj are you from and what bike are you going to get? I live outside Philly but I am always looking for new rides. Let me know.
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-27-2002, 12:27 PM Thread Starter

Re: Hello

Quote:
Originally posted by Huey
Where in Nj are you from and what bike are you going to get? I live outside Philly but I am always looking for new rides. Let me know.
i am from central NJ...about 5 min from raceway park and 10 from new brunswick
i am looking for a ninja600r or something of the likes

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-03-2002, 12:55 AM

i'm from eastern pa got a seca 2 how close are you to phillipsburg? i can make it to there in 45-50 min.
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-03-2002, 03:20 AM

Thumbs up another female rider

YEAH!!

Hi Susan, I live in Harford County, Maryland. Not sure how far that is from you.

I have cbr600, but am looking at the Suzuki SV650 for another bike to someday get. Have you looked at them?

Welcome aboard to SBW.

You are invited to chat with a group of SBW's on tuesday and thursday evenings. I am usually on about 9:00 eastern time, then as the evening progresses the west coast and those inbetween arrive around 10:00 and inbetween. On the home page of SBW, there is a menu on the left, choose chat. CLick to follow the path to chat with us.

Huey, Do you ever go over to Ephrata, PA? The first sunday of the month, motorcycles of ALL kinds show up. It is a place to gather, chat, look, and enjoy other motorcycles. Ever heard of it?

Take care, welcome.

Last edited by Kathy; 02-03-2002 at 03:26 AM.
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-03-2002, 12:40 PM

Talking Interested in Ephrata

Kathy: I am interested in learning more about Ephrata. Where exactly is this place. It sounds right up my alley. Is it an all day thing? More information please. I would appreciate it.
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-03-2002, 01:03 PM

Hey Heuy,

Well, Ephrata is not an all day thing. HUMMMM!

Okay, Ephrata is a meeting place for any kind of motorcycle, scooter, trikes, whatever. It is an experience. Usually, in the past, my experience has been that we get to Ephrata about 9:30/10:00, walk around look at everything, chat with others, then about noon everyone is gone. However, since the meeting spot is at an American Legion, I am not sure if everyone clears out at noon. There are groups that get together and ride for a bit and then come back. People and bikes are always coming and going. This is police supervised, for lack of better word. This has been most a sportbike thing, but when we were up in October there were quite a few harleys and goldwings. I think, in my opinion is that since it is at an American Legion that more harleys and gold wings will be there. I guess I will have to wait and see. My husband, jeff, has a blackbird. We don't see many of them around here, went to Ephrata and saw 5 or 6 other blackbirds.

This is held the first sunday of each month. I don't know how the turn out is in the colder months but in the warmer months, it is crowded. Sometimes we ride up with a group of about 8 different bikes. Could be more, could be less, just depends. I have met a few other SBW's members/guests at Ephrata, its cool.

Go to yahoo.com, click on maps and then driving directions.
We take 222 through Lancaster then Rt. 30 to Rt. 322 to Cocalico Street. Yahoo estimates you are about 50 miles from Ephrata and about 1 hour and 15 mins driving time. Of course, I know that may be different, Yahoo estimates. We are about the same distance from Ephrata.

Well, I don't know what else to tell you about it. The American Legion has food and drinks for sale, bathrooms are also available. Watch the Northeast forum when the weather gets warmer I will be posting a few weeks before to see who all wants to go, oh if it is nasty raining, I don't go.

Last edited by Kathy; 02-03-2002 at 01:21 PM.
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-03-2002, 11:48 PM Thread Starter

hey
just let me know when you guys and girls plan on going for a cruise..
ill be getting my bike next month...my msf course is in april!!! cant wait!!!
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-04-2002, 07:24 AM

I go to school in reading PA which is real near to where seca lives, so I'm also about a little under an hour to p-burg,nj.

Last edited by praxedes; 02-04-2002 at 07:26 AM.
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-19-2002, 02:49 PM

I'm outside of Philly. There's a ton of riders here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode