Hibernating? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-13-2001, 03:55 AM Thread Starter

Cool Hibernating?

Has it gotten to be winter already? Have all the bears gone to hibernate? This place is dead! Lets see some action!

What is everybody's favorite thing to do when the bikes are sleeping?
I would have to choose skiing, even though I don't do it as often as I would like.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-13-2001, 04:48 AM

Talking Hand me that straight-jacket please!

Hey Tyler,

Well, I go out to the garage sit on the bike and make noises. Then I clean and do maintenance. Repeat, repeat..........or fool around with the guitar, listen to blues and just drive my wife nuts. I find that going down to the dealer looking at the new bikes helps - sometimes. Then after a while I get out the videos of the past year GP and Superbike racing and watch them, and watch them. I also find that improving my little world in the garage helps too. Then I do the same thing the next day.

How about you? What's your medicine for the winter?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-13-2001, 05:12 AM

Me i just get colder when on 2 wheels at this time of year. no Hibernating for my bike and scooter. The only thing is i wont take the bike out hen they spread salt on the road

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-13-2001, 07:41 AM

Homework, homework, homework.

I also go downstairs and sit on my bike and sometimes even start it! My daughters are starting swim team at their high school, so i will be doing the shuttle thing! Classes this semester end a week before Christmas. I start another semester in January. I try not to think about riding too much, i miss it so. I see a few HD's riders out riding and think how cold they must be or how stupid they must be. Granted on sunny, and I stress SUNNY, half descent days, i may get the bike out for a short spin.

Come on spring.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-13-2001, 02:01 PM

I spend every waking moment possible at work. I have to earn enough money to have a good time the following summer.

(I have a tendency to go out into the garage and sit on my bike and dream of riding, too Thunderheart! I guess that I'm not the only neurotic one here. )
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-14-2001, 12:57 AM

I still ride on sunny or even not-so sunny days as long as it's not raining, ice or snow. They may only be 30 minute rides, but dammit they still count! Now that I finally have a garage to call my own, I will be spending many a moment going out and sitting on the bike, taking out some Q-Tips for detail (now I can finally try to get the crud off the rear section from 2 years of being a slacker about cleaning). Most of my weekends (and weeknights) will probably be devoted to house stuff for a long while, so I have to try to get it done now, before next spring and summer. Last year I drove my girlfriend crazy putting my helmet on and running around the apartment making "zoom,zoom" noises. She's overjoyed now that I have 3 floors to be a nutball on!

"Goat butts against hedge, and his horns become entangled."- Egg Shen
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-14-2001, 01:34 AM

How cold does it have tobe to keep you from ridind? If its under 47 F then its for a very short ride.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-14-2001, 01:47 AM

QUOTE]How cold does it have tobe to keep you from riding? If its under 47 F then its for a very short ride.[/QUOTE]
It'll take a lot colder than 47 to keep me inside. A few weeks back I was out for about 2 hours in 27F weather. If you dress properly; i.e. leather jacket, leather pants, boots, gloves, it's not too bad. The main thing is the leather to keep the wind out, I can deal with 27 degree weather, I can't deal with 80mph wind chill. Leather pants are definately the best thing I've bought. I found a pair of plain pants, no sliders or armor, for just under $100, and I love them when it gets cold out. Denim just doesn't do much to keep the wind out. (Plus, chicks dig tight leathers, right?...Right? )
Oh, and back to the main thread, I'm looking for a four-wheeler to allow me to do stupid things with a large motor between my legs all winter long. I traded the last one in to get my 929 (a worthy cause)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode