Richmond, VA - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-07-2001, 05:37 AM Thread Starter

Cool Richmond, VA

I know it getting towards the end of the season, but with the great riding weather lately, what excuse do you have not to ride?

I'm looking for more folks in the Richmond area to surf the twisties with.... Any more SBW riders in the area?

Anyone have any good routed to suggest?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-07-2001, 11:12 AM

Yeah baby!!!!

I live in Glen Allen.....try rt.33 to louisa then hit rt.522 towards goochland...rt.522 isn't too bad, there is a nice straightaway, but don't do it! the state police have a field office right before you have to brake hard for a nice right hander, it's right before you get to I-64........I know it's late, but i plan on riding rt.5 tomorrow ......i'll be at the 'pit stop' gas station on rt.5 just off I-295 between 10:00 and 10:30 am...from there i'll be headed towards jamestown, across the ferry into surry, then back towards hopewell on rt.10, from there i'm going to rt.156 back to rt.5 and then home.....should be about a 1.5 hour run...not a lot of twisties, but nice ride overall...if you're off stop by the 'pit stop', i'll be on the blue kawa zr-7 with the JR Atomic jacket blue/white/black.....

Ride Safe!

Pete

Give me a shout, if i'm off, i'll ride with ya!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-08-2001, 10:57 PM Thread Starter

Angry Damn!

I'm usually good with the short-notice thing, but I have a damn teleconference at noon today that I can't miss. Otherwise I would be all over riding today.

I've done the Rte 33 to 522 circuit alot, I love those twisties right before I-64. I've passed the trooper station as well, pucker factor went up two points when I found it (zooming by). Last time I was there me and a buddy ran that last 3 miles of 522 about 6 times... final time I was coming down towards the Texaco right at the entrance to 64) and a trooper was sitting in the parking lot... lucky for me he was insider getting coffee... I pulled the clutch and killed the pipe.... coasted by ever so quietly...

Nonetheless, sorry I can't make your ride, sounds great. You have any rides planned for the weekend? Ever been to Rte 211 and ran the switchbacks?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode