Pa ride - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-28-2001, 03:19 AM Thread Starter

Question Pa ride

N. Central Pa., anyone livein this are I have benn on Routes 872,555,120,144 and they are great looking for some riders Laborday weekend. I have a 99 Blackbird and live in Buffalo, NY. where the roads suck:angry:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-28-2001, 03:25 AM
Dad

Although I am out of Pittsburgh, I might be able to be talked in to riding up there. My favorites are still in W. Va. but probably not practical for you.

Keeping the "Hap" in "Happy Holidays"!

Regime change begins at home.

Blind patriotism is worse than no patriotism.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-28-2001, 12:40 PM Thread Starter

Talking

Dad, I will keep you posted, May have a few guys Interested on 9/9. Funny you should mention W.V. been their a few times I am planning a rally 3 Weekend of May 2002 (4-days) I have done Rt. 16 top to bottom (virginia) nothing but nothing beats that road 150 miles guessing 1,000 turns

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-29-2001, 12:04 PM

Pa ride

Hey guys,

Has anyone been to Ephrata, PA on the first sunday of the month?

A bunch of bikes are going this sunday.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-29-2001, 12:14 PM Thread Starter

Smile

Hi Kathy, just looked that up on the map to far Southeast for me But fill me in on the details,what time how long of a ride and if they are heading North, I may try to make it.Is this event every month, It sounds great
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-29-2001, 12:23 PM

Pa ride

Ephrata is a monthly thing, first sunday. Bikes gather at an old factory. Anywhere from 9:00 to 12:00 the parking lot will be full, if you get there after noon, nobody will be there. Some bikes get together and go for a ride, others just stay there and look at the other bikes. There is a dynometer that is in a trailer that you can put your bike on and tests are run. There is another trailer there that will put graphics on your bike. All for an additional charge of course. Bathrooms are not around, but trees are. There is a stream right by the parking lot, but it is off limits. There is a gas/convenice store across the street and a resturant that serves breakfast and lunch.

This will be the second month that I have gone up to Ephrata, PA. Anything goes! Anyone goes! People from New Jersey, Virginia, Delaware, it is amazing. My husband has a 1999 Blackbird, around where we live never see them, went to Ephrata, saw 5 others. It is fun.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-29-2001, 12:28 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up

sounds like a great time, If I am ever in the area on the first I will check it out. Your husband has a 99 Blackbird Ha (me to) You must have great taste in men
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-29-2001, 12:33 PM

Pa ride

IF you have a blackbird, are you having any problems with your cam chain tensioner?

Husband is picking his new one up today. He plans on replacing it himself.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-29-2001, 01:48 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up

No!!! I have 23,000 miles on mine I think its a lot of hype. If he is tall tell him to put Heli bars and a taller windshield on, 500 mile day are practical, I have owned 14 bikes in my life (45 yr. old) and the Blackbird is by far the smoothest motor ever
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-07-2001, 05:03 AM

I Think I just replied to your Rte 144 query in another thread. But yeah, I live smack dab in the center, grew up in north central PA. Been riding over thirty years, I know about every road north of 80 from Clarion to east of Williamsport. There's so much good riding down here it's almost sinful.

Come on down!

PS - Just realized 9-9 is test ride day at the Harley dealer - I plan on finally seeing what a Buell is like. #1 Cycle Center on rte. 322 just east of State College. Yeah, there'll be lots of two wheel tractors and two cylinder vibrators ... but I do want to check out the Buell. Quite a few sportbike riders generally show up out there and the harley types are generally very welcoming and decent folks.

I'll e-mail you my phone number.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode