riding - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-10-2001, 11:37 AM Thread Starter

riding

Hey, whats up!

Marriotsville Rd. is where a lot of people go mountain biking right. Thats off route 70?

Ive been riding with a friend that just bought a 96 CBR, but he seems to be out of town more than in town, but we've been meaning to go to Loch Raven area. Like what Inanima said, there are tons of bikers out there.

I live in the Owings Mills area and we're near some nice country roads out here, but I don't know it to well....might get lost, and that won't be too fun.

Yeah, I wouldn;t mind riding. Not it to the Humudity though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-10-2001, 12:54 PM

If you take Marriottsville RD 2 it takes you out towards the Reservoir. Someone told me that they are planning on cracking down on riders in the area that you are talking about.

I'll be riding this weekend if the weather holds up. I might have to go look at bikes for my roommate though. I talked him into getting one. He's never rode before. So, I have to take him to some parking lots for a while. If not I'll be riding. Drop me an email if you want to go. We can go check out the area you are talking about.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-10-2001, 05:35 PM

hey, if ya'll go riding this weekend , let me know, maybe we could meet somewhere. I'm terrible with road names- where's Marrietsville Rd?

"Goat butts against hedge, and his horns become entangled."- Egg Shen

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-11-2001, 03:22 AM

It's West of Baltimore off of either 40 or70. About 2 miles west of Ellicot City. It is nice and curvey and doesn't have a lot of traffic.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-11-2001, 06:25 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, we can try that out. Its supposed to be a great weekend around low to mid 80s. I can ride during the morning and day, but either Sat. or Sun after 6pm, I have to hang out with my girlfriend.

Inanima, you have a pretty long treck to get down here. Good luck.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-12-2001, 12:19 PM

During the day Sat. and/or Sunday is fine with me. I still have to see what is going on with my roommate and him getting a bike. He's never been on a bike before. So, I might have to spend the weeknd in parking lots. haha

But, I'm definitely up for some riding.

We need to decide on a place to meet. I'm not to familiar with Baltimore. The only place I could say about meeting would be on 26 near Liberty Reservoir. I've followed 26 to Randlestown and gone onto Marriotesville Rd. There's a gas station right at the end. But, anywhere else is good.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-12-2001, 12:26 PM

bikes

Do you know anyone selling a 600? I'm trying to find one for my roommate. Should be a starter bike. i.e. under $4500
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-14-2001, 06:04 AM Thread Starter

Pete Cycle has some used bikes....and I gess try the paper. I'm free all day today. Email me at [email protected].

Your pretty brave letting your roomate ride you bike in a parking lot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode